• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

naive vendetta

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Black_Butterfly

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
california

my huband was arrested for "receiving stolen property," that he did not know was stolen. and now, the actual criminal, is affraid to say that he lent him the item. this will help my husband clear his name; but the other person fears he will be incarcerated, IF he speaks up.
IS THIS TRUE?

CdwJava

I strongly suspect that the police and the court has more than his simple possession of the property. Since the law requires that the state prove the receiving party KNOW or reasonably SHOULD have known the property was stolen, there is certainly something more to the story.

Care to elaborate?

- Carl

mycarlb

That's what I was just thinking... I actually was the receiver of stolen property about 6 years ago when, for a birthday present my exboyfriend gave me a pioneer stereo... What I DIDN'T know is that it came off of a truck headed for an appliance retail store but never made it there....

To make a long story short... I had to give the equipment to the police... that's the end of it...

And my father purchased a stolen boat from a marina where we live, and same thing happened there... the boat was taken as evidence... but nothing happened to my father.... just the marina

there is definately a LOT more to this tale

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">