• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name on Legal Notice/Summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drew73186

What is the name of your state? IN
I was recently written a ticket for Minor in Possesion of alcohol in Indiana for holding a cup of beer while tailgating by an officer. I just now received the Notice to appear for the Pretrial etc. However, it seems that when entered into their computer, they were unable to read the officer's handwriting and misspelled both my name and Address (real name is Kraus, written to Klaus, Street is Alger, but written as Algor) Now this makes me wonder, is this enough grounds for dropping the case? It's a USPS miracle that the letter even found me, but certainly my Legal name is not Klaus and I do not live on Algor street. If the letter had not found me, would there have been a warrant issued for my arrest, and if so could they then arrest me as Andrew Klaus? Thank you.undefined

zippysgoddess

Sorry to dash your hopes but those errors will not get rid of the charges for you, they can simply amend them to the correct spellings.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">