• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Narcotics missing at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nurse in need

never read rights

What is the name of your state? PA

I worked a 3-11 shift. We count the number of narcs at each shift change.The police called me 4 days after I was at this facility. They asked me to come in for a interview. I did. I gave a writtn statement at that time. was asked to have voice stress test. I went. When there they told me I was lieing , that they new I had a history of drug charges ( paraphelnia in oct 2002). The cop told me , drilled me till I cryed that I took them he could tell from this test I just took (voice stress). I finally said ok then I did it. I wasnt recorded. I wasn't finger printed. I didn't sign a confession. I was let come home. I was told to go to the station the following morning to get finger printed.
My question is was this normal. I ask for a attorney before I went for the test. I was told I wouldn't need one. I said I didnt take the missing pills. They kept telling me just to confess they no I did it, it would go easier on me. I haven't ever been in jail. They said I was going to jail right now , but if I confessed I could go home. I was scared so I said ok then I did it. I was allowed to leave then.
The guy said I was being charged with possesion, theft, and a few other charges.
What should I do?
I called a lawyer when they let me leave the court house where the test was done and was told to not go to the station the next day to only go when my attorney could join me.
I was never read my right's. I was ask to sign a sheet for the voice test, that said it was ok for them to do it basically" the cop's word's." The language was such that I didnt understand. I did sign it though.

What can be done about not getting read my right's?
What about asking for a lawyer before the test?

Last edited:

It doesn't sound like you were arrested. Sounds more like you gave consent and willingly offered information especially if you signed a consent form for the voice test. They said you didn't need a lawyer but anytime the police are asking you for information about a crime you committed you should insist on a lawyer. You buiilt the case against yourself. Once it was clear to you that you were a suspect you should have kept your mouth shut and insisted that they inform you of the charges and that your lawyer be present for questioning. I think you gave up your rights when you opened your mouth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">