• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pilotwoman

The state? Minnesota

About 6 years ago I was arrested and terminated because I was stealing money. I was stealing over a 4 month period and so the amount was in the $3000's. When I was terminated I found that they had known for 3 months before they terminated me. They wanted to wait until I turned 18 to say anything to me. Is this fair?

The charge was a felony and the case was dismissed. I went through a program called De Novo; Pretty much consoling for a year and paying the restitution. I just recently in 2004 had my case expunged and sealed after I was denied an internship at a local major airline.

I was turned down because they said my background failed. In the interview I did let them know what happened and their requirements for getting a job were NO FELONY CONVECTION'S.

What do the background checks say when coming back to the airline? Do they show even your arrest or do they just show convictions? You do need fingerprints taken and do you know if those go to the FBI after the events of September 11, 2001? Is the background check done by the FBI or some other private organization?

I do have the opportunity to get a job with an airline as a ramp agent, but don't want to be turned down because that could change getting a pilot job in the future.

Should I wait another 4 years because by then I will be over the 10 year background check? If I were to wait, what would I need to tell?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">