• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hack555

What is the name of your state? KS

See if I can make this short. From Oct 05 to March 06 I worked for a Vending Machine company. I left the company after a dispute with the owner (nothing criminal). Well today a Private Investigator visited me at my home and accused me of breaking into some of the vending machines that belonged to my former employer. He showed me pictures of some guys that I guess looks a little like me (blurry pictures everyone kind of looks a like). He said he wants some "stolen keys" back or he will contact the police and file a report. What I'm wanting to find out is do I need to get an attorney before files are charged? Why spend money on an attorney if a) I didn't do it or b) the don't even end up filing charges. Also what could they charge me with? Anyone know what the charge would be in Kansas for such a thing? Thanks ahead of time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">