• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice about fight

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cinaminn

What is the name of your state? Maryland

My husband was at work on a construction site where he is the supervisor. He was directing another employee on what to do and the employee refused to do it. My husband told him to go home if he didn't feel like working. The employee started cursing at my husband and got all up in his face (very aggressivly). My husband pushed him away to get him out of his face. The employee went and picked up a 2x4 board and hit my husband in the back with it. My husband picked up one and hit him with it. After this, the employee threatened to shoot my husband. Once they left the worksite, the employee told the owner of the company that he was fine and he would come in to work the next morning. When the next morning came he didn't show up for work and he told the employer that he went to the doctor and they called the police because he was assaulted and he says he has an attorney. He has told the police that he will not press charges if my husband agrees to pay all of his medical bills and his lost wages. The man has already gone to the emergency room a few times and had a CATscan and it seems as though this could get quite expensive. We were looking for a way to settle this amicably, but it does not seem like that will work. How should we best handle this? I told my husband to go to the doctor and have his shoulder checked so that would be documented. He has not gone to the police, but the police department said he should come in and file charges against the employee also. We plan on doing that as well. I guess my biggest concern is whether my husband will be 100 percent liable for the medical bills or not? I am also conecerned about him being put in jail over this.

Sorry this post is so long. I'm worried.

CdwJava

Your husband needs to consult an attorney. Not only does he face potential criminal charges for battery, but he coul dbe sued for the medical bills. Whether he will be found guilty or held liable depends on other factors, but it sounds as if he needs to talk to an attorney now.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">