• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice asap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flyboy627

I live in illinois. Four people were at a public park after dark. They took two cars there. They had alcohol in one car.(car A). Police arrived on the scene to tell the people to leave. Because some of the individuals were smoking marijuana earlier they fled on foot. The owner of car A was arrested and the owner of the other car was not found until the police looked up the license plate and found his adress. Only one officer approached the group, and they were not shure if it was a cop or not. They were never told to stop, and the cop never identified himself as the police. The driver of the car without alcohol, has been asked to come into the station to talk to the officer that was there that night. What should he do?

Son of Slam

flyboy627 said:
I live in illinois. Four people were at a public park after dark. They took two cars there. They had alcohol in one car.(car A). Police arrived on the scene to tell the people to leave. Because some of the individuals were smoking marijuana earlier they fled on foot. The owner of car A was arrested and the owner of the other car was not found until the police looked up the license plate and found his adress. Only one officer approached the group, and they were not shure if it was a cop or not. They were never told to stop, and the cop never identified himself as the police. The driver of the car without alcohol, has been asked to come into the station to talk to the officer that was there that night. What should he do?

Tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. God will help him.

F

flyboy627

more questions

that idea is a given, but what can happen to him, and what is he facing. He is 17 years old also. Really need some in depth advice.

Son of Slam

Re: more questions

flyboy627 said:
that idea is a given, but what can happen to him, and what is he facing. He is 17 years old also. Really need some in depth advice.

If you look closely at my signature you can see that it says to NOT take any of my advice. This I tell YOU because of your age. I was being a smart ass. Talk to your parents about this issue.

B

Boxcarbill

flyboy627 said:
He should NOT go "into the station to talk." If the police had a case, he would be arrested. They are on a fishing expedition. If he goes in, he will be guestioned in an attempt to build a case. He needs to keep his mouth shut--regardless of whether he is innocent or guilty. Do not. Repeat do not go in to talk to police officers and ever even consider it without the presence of an attorney. It never ceases to amaze me how many people think because a police office asks them to come in that they have to come in. There is a reason why they want him to come into their turf to "talk" and he will be the worse off for having done so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">