• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice on misdemeanor family assault charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clueless88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

I have been charged with family assault... a misdemeanor charge. I showed up to my first court date and was given the option for 6months anger management 6 months probation and $1000 fine. I never showed up and now have a warrant for my arrest. What can i expect punishment wise? What are the chances i am held in contempt of court? Hope somebody can help

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

I have been charged with family assault... a misdemeanor charge. I showed up to my first court date and was given the option for 6months anger management 6 months probation and $1000 fine. I never showed up and now have a warrant for my arrest. What can i expect punishment wise? What are the chances i am held in contempt of court? Hope somebody can help
you need an attorney. you can expect to go to jail.

CavemanLawyer

You won't be held in contempt your bond will just be forfeited and likely doubled after you are arrested on the warrant. The prior offer may stay on the table or they may up the ante due to your bond forfeiture. There is obviously no way to know what the specific prosecutor assigned to your case will decide to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">