• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help...Arrested for Assult and Public Intox

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skiermark

So I was arrested the other night at a local bar for assult and public intox although it was just self defence. Here is what happened. I had a cup in my hand that I was going to fill up with some water from a half drank watter bottle on the bar. Before I could reach it this girl (who I presume was a manager) grabbed me by the collar and shouted for the bouncer. I stayed calm and did nothing to her. Within seconds the bouncer grabbed me by me by neck and dragged be through to the back door while chokeing me out the whole time. As soon as he let go of my neck when we got out the back door I swung a right hand and graized his chin. Of cource the cops were right there and took me right in on assult and public intox. I unfornituly have a public intox from four years ago and a disordely conduct from a year and a half ago on my record in the same city. What would you guys expect the penilitys be from this? I talked to a few attorneys in town and they will take the case but it wont be cheap. Does anyone think jail is a possibility? I am just realy nervous about all this. Thanks for the help I need to make a decision soon on what to do.

Silverplum

So I was arrested the other night at a local bar for assult and public intox although it was just self defence. Here is what happened. I had a cup in my hand that I was going to fill up with some water from a half drank watter bottle on the bar. Before I could reach it this girl (who I presume was a manager) grabbed me by the collar and shouted for the bouncer. I stayed calm and did nothing to her. Within seconds the bouncer grabbed me by me by neck and dragged be through to the back door while chokeing me out the whole time. As soon as he let go of my neck when we got out the back door I swung a right hand and graized his chin. Of cource the cops were right there and took me right in on assult and public intox. I unfornituly have a public intox from four years ago and a disordely conduct from a year and a half ago on my record in the same city. What would you guys expect the penilitys be from this? I talked to a few attorneys in town and they will take the case but it wont be cheap. Does anyone think jail is a possibility? I am just realy nervous about all this. Thanks for the help I need to make a decision soon on what to do.
What is the name of your US state?

skiermark

Thanks ya I have seen that page before. But realy 6 months in Jail for this... Would you guys get a lawyer or try to get a public defandent? thanks

dave33

Thanks ya I have seen that page before. But realy 6 months in Jail for this... Would you guys get a lawyer or try to get a public defandent? thanks
Many times the maximum sentence has little to do with the actual sentence.

You have now reached the point (because of your past and present legal trouble) that you should always have a lawyer.goodluck

davidmcbeth3

I have this happen to me all the time. For no reason, some girl grabs my collar and then a big guy grabs my throat .. I'm out the door poof!

All because I asked for some holy water to do a baptism. Man, those Catholics can be mean.

skiermark

I have this happen to me all the time. For no reason, some girl grabs my collar and then a big guy grabs my throat .. I'm out the door poof!

All because I asked for some holy water to do a baptism. Man, those Catholics can be mean.
Thanks for the help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">