• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help on trying to figure this out..kind of long

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paralee407

What is the name of your state? ny
:( my son's father and I got pregnant july of 2006. He was sneaking around with his ex-girlfriend and keeping it from me. I eventually found out after recieving many disturbing phonecalls and multiple threats via my nextel walkie talkie from this girl. It was of the upmost importance to my son's father to keep my pregnancy a secret for as long as possible and I just didnt know why. :( Eventually I recieved a phone call late at night from an anonymous caller and screamed into the phone that I was pregnant and wanted to be left alone. My ex told me he was through with that girl and I didnt know who would be calling so late and not saying anything. Well about 3 weeks after that phone call that girl set up my son's father. Her mother called his cell phone and asked him to do a favor for her if he could please stop by her other daughters house and pick up some stuff she left there and bring it to her since she was ill and couldnt do it herself he took it upon him to do so advising the mother that he didnt want to run into the daughter he used to sneak around with. He says that when he got to the sisters house the front door was ajar and that when he knocked no one heard him so he just let himself in since thats what he used to do all the time anyways. He said when he got inside the house the t.v and radio were on really loud so that was why no one heard his knocking. He couldn't find what the girls mom was talking about so he decided to go deeper into the house to see if he could find the sister ..but that instead of finding the sister, the door to her room was wide open and that girl he was sneaking around with was having sex with her boyfriend, who knew that my EX- boyfriend and his girlfriend used to sneak around. He said that the girls boyfriend upon seeing him went ballistic and pulled out a knife and they started fighting ...my son's dad some how got a holdof the knife (which has mysteriously disappeared ) and stabbed the guy 7x because he said that everytime he would go to put the knife down the guy was on him again and he couldnt get away without the guy trying to attack him.
This happend last nov. and my sons dad who was on probation for something completely else (non-Violent) has not been let out on bail (they keep setting it for like 100,000) his court dates just keep getting post poned for later dates and he is just crying and crying over and over that he was really just trying to defend himself...and that he is innocent.
His lawyer isn't saying much of anything and I would really like to know what to expect and what kind of charges he's likely to face plus what is the jail time if they find him guilty....:(
Also any advice i should give.... in the 10 years I have known him..he has never done anything like this before and its a real shock to my system.:(

Last edited:

outonbail

His problem is stabbing the guy seven times. This mayhem is a sign of someone being very angry at the person they are stabbing. I would also think that you're boyfriend should have been cut by this knife in his struggle to gain possession of it, if it was indeed the other boyfriend's knife. Unless he is very efficient in marshal arts, it isn't very easy to take a knife from someone who has gone ballistic, without suffering an injury in the process.

I take it that when you say he was set up, that the mother, boyfriend and the girlfriend he was sneaking around with (but stopped seeing her at this point, wink, wink) are all providing a different version of what happened. They are saying that he entered the house without permission and that the door was closed and possibly even locked and that he brought the knife with him and took it when he fled out the front door after attacking his unarmed, naked, toy boy replacement.

Is this close to their rendition?

You should probably give some thought to their version being more accurate. Because personally I don't believe this girl and her new boyfriend would turn the TV volume up really loud and the radio as well, then leave the front door open and the door to her sister's bedroom, while they were going at it like a couple of rabbits. I know I wouldn't, would you?

Also, it doesn't help the person's case who was stabbed, to make the knife disappear, because you're not allowed to stab someone regardless who owns the knife. But if the knife was really your boyfriends, it might help him if it disappears because he is claiming the knife was introduced by the other guy. But I really find that very hard to believe myself. After all, this guy was naked wasn't he? So where did he pull this knife from?

Frankly, I would put my money on your boyfriends story being about 98% bull$hit, but of course, I'm not carrying his baby.

I'm sorry to say this, but you can expect you're baby to be in at least the first grade before his daddy is back home. Unless you find a replacement before then. Which I would highly recommend since this guy is running around behind your back screwing God knows how many other women. He's even asking you to keep the pregnancy a secret, now why the hell would he ask this? He's also lying to you and has you buying it because he's throwing in some alligator tears.
I say dump him, you can certainly do much better than having to wait around for this lying, cheating Cad to get out of prison!

CJane

Wow.

Ummm... I'm not going to bore you with my story, but let me just say this... the fact that you've never known him to be violent is not an indication that he wasn't violent this time. Had you known him to sleep around while his GF was pregnant before he was doing it to you?

He stabbed a man 7 TIMES. If all he REALLY wanted was to protect himself, why didn't he LEAVE?

I get it - you're pregnant by him. Not only is it hard on the psyche to admit you're carrying a crazy/dangerous person's child, but the hormones convince you that you 'love him enough'.

But ya know what? Concentrate on having this kid and getting your sh*t together and having a life completely separate from him and the people you/he were hanging around with. It's going to be YEARS before he gets out of prison.

Did the guy live?

paralee407

??

ok im not pregnant anymore and Im not with him either it is my understanding that the guy lived and one of the reasons why i posted was because i wanted to see what the most probable outcome would be so that I know what to do once he gets out
thank u guys for the advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">