• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help understanding charges (court website)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CaliMommy86

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hi, I am just wondering if someone can help me make sense of this? I know what the abbreviations mean but am not sure what the count C005 means. I also know what PC32 is. Just trying to make sense of this, thanks!
http://i49.tinypic.com/29z775v.png

*sorry cannot figure out how to post the picture in the thread*

CdwJava

I believe it indicates that this was the fifth count originally requested or filed with the court. Were there multiple offenses under which you were booked?

CaliMommy86

Oh it's not my charges, someone I know. Originally it says C001 but they held multiple court hearings to amend her charges and consolidate/join her charges with those of her accomplice.

Proserpina

Oh it's not my charges, someone I know. Originally it says C001 but they held multiple court hearings to amend her charges and consolidate/join her charges with those of her accomplice.
Then honestly, it's none of your business.

If you're that curious, ask her.

CdwJava

Doesnt it eventually become public record? Then its everyones business.
You've seen the public record. The defendant is under no obligation to give you any details at all.

My best guess is that the charges have been amended and the only one that appears to be moving forward is count 5.

Proserpina

It's public record on the Sacramento court's website. I'm curious because if she is detained there is the question of child custody, CPS is already involved.

I understand that Mommy.

But even if CPS is involved in their custody issue, it's still not your business and it's probably best not to get too involved :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">