• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need info asap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KellyGreene2002

What is the name of your state?Maine
Ill try and make this as short as possible. My brother in law borrowed my car the other night, for about an hour. at about 1 am I get a knock on my door from our local PD, they are claiming my car was pulled over earlier that night and that my ex husband (Dave ) was driving, and he does not have a licence, in fact, he is on probation, and has had his license revocked. I explained to the police that there is no way that my ex had my car. My 2 children ages 16 and 17 also told them my brother in law had the car that evening, I called my mother in law she also confirmed that Dave was in bed sleeping around 11pm when they claim he was pulled over. The police are saying that they pullled over my car, the driver stated he did not have his License with him, but gave the officer his Birthdate, address and other info. The Officer checked the drivers info, it came back okay and they gave him a warning for a taillight defect. The officer who pulled over my vehicle claims the driver was acting "suspicious" so he went back to the police dept. and talked to another officer, the other officer recognized my name and the last name of my husband and his brother. Showed the officer who pulled over my car, my ex husband picture and the officer identified my ex as the driver. I have had several problems with this PD, I have filed complaints with the town, wrotew letters to State Officials, Newspapers, ect... as to there misconduct. I truly belive they are out to get my family. But, my question is, Can they file charges, issue a warrent, for my ex bacause one "rookie" officer is identyfying my ex? even though 5 other people are telling them that the driver is my ex husbands brother. It has been 2 days since the incident and I have not heard from the Police, but they did say repeatedly, we will issue warrents if he doesnt turn himself in. My ex is scared to death because he is on probation, he can have no contact with police, and also because he feels that the police can "Do whatever they want". Can anyone help??? Thankyou
ame of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">