• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to know which agency threatened my son's life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JewelAtWork

What is the name of your state? California
On 12/24/04 a group of uniformed men demanded entrance into my son's home. Guns were pointed at my son's head and the men shouted several times that they would shoot my son. The men handcuffed my son and made him lie down in the doorway of his home partially on the porch while his home and sheds were searched. We assumed it was local police or sheriff's dept, but both agencies deny any participation. We spoke with city manager and assistant chief of police. We filed police report and spoke with District Attorney. No agency will take responsibility and 'fess up. There seems to be a serious cover-up with good reason - definitely innocent man and wrong home - if these were even law enforcement officers. How can we find out who the guilty party is and make a formal complaint of false arrest and illegal search?

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

JewelAtWork said:
What is the name of your state? California
On 12/24/04 a group of uniformed men demanded entrance into my son's home. Guns were pointed at my son's head and the men shouted several times that they would shoot my son. The men handcuffed my son and made him lie down in the doorway of his home partially on the porch while his home and sheds were searched. We assumed it was local police or sheriff's dept, Why did you assume this? Hell, if that happened to me I don't think I would assume it was the police, I would be calling the police.

but both agencies deny any participation. We spoke with city manager and assistant chief of police. We filed police report and spoke with District Attorney. No agency will take responsibility and 'fess up. There seems to be a serious cover-up with good reason - What is the "Good Reason"? Hell, I'm still thinking if it was me, I would be CALLING the police.

definitely innocent man and wrong home - these were even law enforcement officers. How can we find out who the guilty party is and make a formal complaint of false arrest and illegal search?

Do you think you could actually make sense now, because I am more than baffled.?

CdwJava

JewelAtWork said:
How can we find out who the guilty party is and make a formal complaint of false arrest and illegal search?
What do the police say? Are they investigating it as a home invasion robbery, then? Have you checked with any local narcotics task forces?

And you are saying that nobody ever told your son who they were or why they were there? He saw no names, badges, or identifiers of any kind? If he saw no identifiers, then they probably were NOT cops.

- Carl

JewelAtWork

Carl, thank you for replying

The police deny any involvement. It seems as though the police are not investigating and the District Attorney does not seem to be taking this seriously. I understand we need something in writing from the D. A. before we can pursue this further. We have not checked with any local narcotics task forces - I'm not sure who to contact.

No one ever told my son who they were. The group did not identify themselves at all. There was a helicopter and all the men were in uniform and had guns.

Carl, we spoke with the city manager and assistant chief of police, filed a police report as a home invasion, went again, to the police dept. to speak with a watch commander. The city completely denies any particpation. We went to three county sheriff's substations and all of them deny participation.

Of the 6 to 8 uniformed men, no one identified themselves. After several guns were pointed at my son's head and verbal threats were made that the men would shoot my son while he was handcuffed and laying partially inside and outside of his home, one of the men told my son to get up after about 10 or 15 minutes. The searching and yelling of obscenities continued. The men continued to rage through my son's home with guns drawn - my son was terrified that his 9 year old daughter would be murdered. The man asked my son if he knew what was happening. My son said no. The man said my son had been identified as someone who had been in a "scruffle with one of our officers". When my son said he was innocent, the man said he already knew that because my son had already been positively ID'd as innocent. Then the story changed. The man told my son that someone had been seen running into my son's home. My son said that was not true because his alarm system would have gone off. The search of my son's home continued. My son asked to speak with the watch commander. That man said he was the watch commander.

This happened about 10 PM on Christmas Eve. My son was awakened from a sound sleep with light from flashlights through his bedroom windows and the sounds of radios and a helicopter.

CdwJava

Has he checked with his neighbors? certainly if there were cars, radios, flashlights and helicopters, SOMEONE saw what was happening.

It is just too hard to imagine that this could have happened and none of the local agencies have a clue.

Something just isn't right.

Not to impugn your son's word, but aside from his claim, is there ANYTHING to say that this actually happened?

- Carl

CdwJava

Other ideas: Contact your local media outlets with the story; hire an attorney; and ask the local agencies about local drug task forces.

There are almost certainly drug task forces in your area and they are multi-jursidictional. These task forces operate semi-autonomously and a local agency may not know completely what they are up to ... someone in the agency of jurisdiction may have been notified, but that does not mean that the person let everyone else know. And if you live in a large enough area, it is very possible that this kind of information does not get passed off very effectively.

- Carl

JewelAtWork

Hi Carl

A neighbor contacted my son the next day, Christmas. She said the person who was being chased came to her home and she did not want to be involved so called the police to pick up her "friend". The "friend" was arrested the night of the events. "Friend" was relased the following day. "Friend" told my son's neighbor that he had been beaten before he was taken to jail. According to the neighbor, pursuit for the "friend" began in a neighboring city where County Sheriff's Dept. has jurisdiction. I cannot determine if our city P.D. assisted if there were a hot pursuit. When we spoke with our City Manager & assistant Chief of Police, assitant chief said he was on his way to church & heard my son's home address over his radio.

My son went to Sheriff's Dept. & our P.D. and spoke with officers who denied participation. I believe there was an illegal entry and search of my son's home. What bothers me is how my son was handcuffed, lying partially in & outside of his home with guns pointed at his head while this gang of men searched everything, yelling obscenities and threatening to shoot my son. Some of the first words to me from my son were: "There was murder in their eyes." There is something really fishy with the law enforcement agencies in this area. I would love to have an investigation. I really respect truth.

I will find out about local narcotics task, but I do not have the impression this was a drug bust. However, it's worth checking into.

I believe I will contact an attorney or local media. Local media sounds more effective. Great suggestions, Carl. I appreciate your input. Thank you so much for your time and for sharing ideas.

Sincerely,

Sharry

CdwJava

If the neighboring agency were chasing someone, and the pursuing officers believed the subject had gone into your son's home, they very well may have had an exigent circumstance to force entry in to his residence.

A fleeing suspect generally permits the officers to chase him/her wherever the suspect flees.

And it could be that the chase originated in an agency beyond the adjacent city where the sheriff's department has jurisdiction.

I live in northern CA and a chase from my little town once ended 85 miles (and three counties) distant.

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

JewelAtWork said:
A neighbor contacted my son the next day, Christmas. She said the person who was being chased came to her home and she did not want to be involved so called the police to pick up her "friend". The "friend" was arrested the night of the events. "Friend" was relased the following day. "Friend" told my son's neighbor that he had been beaten before he was taken to jail. According to the neighbor, pursuit for the "friend" began in a neighboring city where County Sheriff's Dept. has jurisdiction. I cannot determine if our city P.D. assisted if there were a hot pursuit. When we spoke with our City Manager & assistant Chief of Police, assitant chief said he was on his way to church & heard my son's home address over his radio.

My son went to Sheriff's Dept. & our P.D. and spoke with officers who denied participation. I believe there was an illegal entry and search of my son's home. What bothers me is how my son was handcuffed, lying partially in & outside of his home with guns pointed at his head while this gang of men searched everything, yelling obscenities and threatening to shoot my son. Some of the first words to me from my son were: "There was murder in their eyes." There is something really fishy with the law enforcement agencies in this area. I would love to have an investigation. I really respect truth.

I will find out about local narcotics task, but I do not have the impression this was a drug bust. However, it's worth checking into.

I believe I will contact an attorney or local media. Local media sounds more effective. Great suggestions, Carl. I appreciate your input. Thank you so much for your time and for sharing ideas.

Sincerely,

Sharry

Post back with results...this is fascinating....

S

seniorjudge

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Two words: Bounty Hunters.

IAAL
Yep, following that silver cord that binds the bail bondsman to the guy they bonded out.

<Bill>

I bet the invaders left finger prints and if they didn't they are smooth criminals.

It makes absolutely no sense for the cops to try and seize evidence that
wouldn't be admissible in court anyways due to lack of a warrant.

Last edited:

JewelAtWork

Senior Judge &amp; I Am Always Liable

Hello Senior Judge & I Am Always Liable:

Thank you for your input. Please forgive my ignorance, but I need knowledge about bounty hunters who, I am guessing, are hired by bail bondsmen. If you have time, please explain to me.
Thanks,
Sharry

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JewelAtWork said:
Hello Senior Judge & I Am Always Liable:

Thank you for your input. Please forgive my ignorance, but I need knowledge about bounty hunters who, I am guessing, are hired by bail bondsmen. If you have time, please explain to me.
Thanks,
Sharry

My response:

Bounty Hunters are not hindered by Constitutional Rights. They have special exceptions and exemptions under the law, since about the 1850's. They can bust into someone's home, and take the runner into custody, with little to no impunity. And, there's nothing you, or anyone, can do about it -- except when they make rare errors; e.g., busting into the wrong home.

Do a Google search for Bounty Hunter, and read about them. It's fascinating.

IAAL

JewelAtWork

Hello Carl

Hi Carl:
I called State Atty General Bill Lockyer's office a few days after the incident. I was told that if I get documentation - anything in writing - from local District Atty's office that D.A. has investigated, that I could then contact State Atty General or FBI. I really want an outside agency to investigate my local P.D., County Sheriff's Dept., & D.A.. But locals seem to be sitting on this - and covering up.

I really like your idea of contacting local media. That should shake up some people.

Sincerely,

Sharry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">