• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need a little help in pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thrashbarg

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
let me tell you a story: it all started when my brother and i got pulled over for a broken headlight. i was then arrested for some drug paraphernalia in my possession, for which i pled guilty and set up a fine payment plan. despite the fact that i made all my payments on time, they came to the conclusion that i was 2 months behind. unfortunately, i wasnt able to prove that i wasnt, so i just paid the additional fines. after that was all paid, they said i owed another 130 dollars! so, reluctantly, i paid it. now, im thinking to myself that its all squared away and i dont have anything else to worry about. then i got the letter. it said that i had to go to court! now im a little upset but didnt want to cause any trouble so i went. first they put me in a holding cell for 7 hours until i went in front of the judge. i told him that i shouldnt be having this hearing because i paid all my fines, and you know what he says to me? he says i dont know what im talking about. then he starts reading from my file the list of charges. something doesnt seem right to me, and then i figure out what it is. he was reading my brothers charges! so i tell him that hes mistaken, and he again tells me that i dont know what im talking about. i have another hearing scheduled at the beginning of april when it is all supposed to be taken care of. so ive been thinking that finally everything is going to be allright, but then i got another letter in the mail the other day. this one says i have another warrant out for my arrest. im not sure what for, but considering ive been staying out of trouble, i can only assume that its another "mistake". it seems to me that theyre trying everything in their power to get me into the system and screw me over. i dont have any previous charges as an adult, so im really baffled by all of this, and getting more and more desperate. what should i do? ive been trying to be compliant, but they are making it very hard. can they even do this?? i really need some help or advice or whatever you have to offer. thank you.

Last edited:

Curt581

it seems to me that theyre trying everything in their power to get me into the system and screw me over.
So it's all a big conspiracy to screw you over?

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you're just not that important in the overall scheme of things.

what should i do? ive been trying to be compliant, but they are making it very hard. can they even do this?? i really need some help or advice or whatever you have to offer. thank you.
Here's what you do...

1. Get a lawyer.
2. Pay every payment in person, get a receipt and save it forever. Produce said receipts when they say you haven't paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">