• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In need some advice/help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rddNEEDShelp

What is the name of your state? PA

heres the story...
i basically used a fake id to get into a bar and they realized it wasnt me and called the cops. i used that fake id with the cop as well. i was pretty much so far into it, i got too scared to admit the truth (biggest mistake of my life).

I was wondering what is the maximum penalty against me for the following charges:
1. Identity Theft (Misdemeanor 1)
2. Carrying a false identification card
3. Using a false identification card to a law enforcer (police)

I have no record, im doing well in school (taking mcats end of summer), im an EMT, im basically a good kid that made a bad decision.

Also, is there any way for me to reduce the charges against me or reduce the penalties? Also, would i be okay in asking for a public defender (like i said im a student with very limited finances)?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
rddNEEDShelp said:
What is the name of your state? PA

heres the story...
i basically used a fake id to get into a bar and they realized it wasnt me and called the cops. i used that fake id with the cop as well. i was pretty much so far into it, i got too scared to admit the truth (biggest mistake of my life).

I was wondering what is the maximum penalty against me for the following charges:
1. Identity Theft (Misdemeanor 1)
2. Carrying a false identification card
3. Using a false identification card to a law enforcer (police)

I have no record, im doing well in school (taking mcats end of summer), im an EMT, im basically a good kid that made a bad decision.

Also, is there any way for me to reduce the charges against me or reduce the penalties? Also, would i be okay in asking for a public defender (like i said im a student with very limited finances)?
You better find out how this type of record will affect your med school career because you might have problems there. Ask for a public defender and try to plead.

outonbail

i basically used a fake id to get into a bar and they realized it wasnt me and called the cops. i used that fake id with the cop as well.
In the future, try to remember that if your fake ID doesn't make it past the bouncer at a bar, it's really quite foolish to think that a police officer is going to be fooled by it! (have you been made aware of the fact that the police can easily run it through their in car computer or call it in to verify anything that appears questionable?)

i was pretty much so far into it, i got too scared to admit the truth
lying to a bouncer at the bar is one thing (and not a very big thing at that) however, lying to the police is an entirely different matter and as you've now learned, can lead to allot more troubles than being refused entry into some smoke filled gin mill.

So in the future, if your going to stick by your BS story, I suggest that you make sure it's a good one to start off with and not so easily proven to be BS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">