• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need some advice --warrant questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yodajm10

What is the name of your state?Utah

Last year i recieved a speeding ticket, I called into the court house and was quoted an amout for the fine, I paid the fine and was told that i would not need to appear at the court house. Last month I was stoped by a officer that said I preformed an illegal lan change, they took my license a reg. and cameback and I was arrested, there was a waranet out for my arrest, and my licnese was suspended without my knowledge. So after posting bail and seing the judge it boils down to that speeding ticket i thought i had paid. It turns out is was the incorrect amount. So now I have to fight this warrent and additional charges of driving under a suspended license. all for a misunderstanding and lack of communication. How can i fight this? I was not even mailed noticifacation that my license was suspended, I paid what I thought was the full amout becuase that was the amout I was told. What if anything can I do to clear my name and fight this? I have no previous violations and a clean record until now. How sould I prepare to fight this?Or can I?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">