• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need speeding tickets warrants lifted~!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krnkap

What is the name of your state? Texas

Anyone... please help~!!!.

I have two outstanding warrants out for my arrest for not paying speeding tickets in two different states. One in Texas and other in Oklahoma.

Just want to know what I should do, so I can get to my new job and get my license re-instated.

Please let me know the first thing I should do.

Do I need a lawyer to get my warrants lifted? or do I just contact the courts?

Thank you for replying...whomever you may be.

Kap

outonbail

First thing you should do is turn off your computer.

Next thing you should do is contact each of the court's where you were supposed to appear, or where you did appear and ask the same question to the information clerk. They should be able to inform you of how much is now owed, and where to send your cashier's check for the full amount. Or you could bring cash to these locations, in person and then have a reciept and paperwork in hand, to show the DMV that you have fullfilled the requirements necessary to have your license re-issued.

Some courts assign the debt to a collection agency and let them hound you to death. Of course they still have the DMV suspend your license for not paying the fine within the amount of time you informed the Judge you would have it payed in.

I just mention the collection agency because if that is indeed what happened to your debts, you can expect the amount you originally owed to have now been increased somewhere between five and ten times!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">