• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need tougher help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? FL I live in a town that has in the last 17 years gone from one of the most "Family oriented towns in Florida" to one of the scums of the earth. We have gone from green grass to dirt front yards and section 8 housing. 90% of the elementary school this year is section 8. Nevertheless, with the prices of houses going up so high we are pretty much financially stuck where we are. I have three kids. One is 17 then I have a 14 year old daughter and a 7 year old boy. My 17 year old is the problem. He thinks everyone owes him something. He is far from the modle citizen and I have done everything that I could think of to get him help. He has been arrested three times. first was criminal mischief and then disordly conduct both of these charges he was given a deversionary action for against my voicing my opinion that he needs something harsher. his third offence went from a misdemeaner to a third dagree felony posession of weapon on school property. he is still in the program (IDDS) for the second charge whereas he completed his first program of (teen court). He is out of control. I have begged the states attorney to send him away as he is out of control. I cannot "spank" him without getting into trouble. What is a spank anyway? I am 5'2" and 120lbs he is 5'10" and 165lbs. I took him to boot camp on my own two times. I have taken him to thearopy on my own. I have removed him from his friends and he sneeks out in the middle of the night. He does go to school and he maintains a 3.0 gpa. I think he is smoking pot and he is going to court march 29 for the current felony charge. I was told though that he will only be given "adult probation" that there was not enough to send him to a program. It seems so plain to me that this is only getting worse and worse. why can noone else see this? All of the juvenile programs unles sentenced to them are voluntary for these juveniles here in Florida. I want to go to court with him and when they give him "adult probation" do I have the right as his parent to stand up and voice my opinion? Can I tell them that I am in fear of my life and the lives of my other children due to his actions? because I am. he has started waring colors and he thinks i am stupid. I take them from him and i have burnt every bandana i can find or that i find on him. I am just really looking for the answer to my court question and I am not looking for amyone to judge me or my family. My son is the exception. My daughter is straight "A's" and my younger son gets all 1's which is excelant. I do not do drugs and I do not live in a trailer park. I am just a scared mother of a kid gone bad due to peer pressure. Please be kind and please help.

he just turned 17 Feb 10 so I still have another year before I can legally get him out of my house. I have also investigated the avenue of imancipation. I cannot prove to a court that he can take care of himself.

O

oberauerdorf

At this point there are only two options that I can think of:

1. The "Brazil" option. You'll learn about it soon enough, and;

2. Stand up in court and ask the judge to send him to jail so that maybe he'll get his life together because you fear for the safety of your family.

Where is his father in all of this by the way?

His father and myself have been together for 23 years and are still together today. One of the only functional families in this area. He has done everything that he can within the law even over stepped the boundries throwing him an old fashioned belt whooping. My kid thinks it is only pain and it will go away. as a matter of fact his attitude is so bad that the drill instructor that I had when we took him to boot camp said he is the only kid he cannot brake and that he will be back to see him either by me or he will be sentenced. His father has taken a back seat as to make sure that things do not get out of hand and then I will have to be getting my husband out of jail. That hole situation is like macho vs macho. my kid thinks he can kick my husbands a--. and my husband says he needs to truely kick his a-- then he will respect him. This kid has done things like stole money from us and denied it to our face. stole my mini van where as I called the cops and they never seem to get him before he gets home with the van so they say unles they see him driving it they cannot do anything about it. I will not let him get his permit. he has no cell phone or beeper. none of that stuff for him. he doesn't deserve it.
If nothing is done with him on the 29th of this month I think I will take you up on that Brazil option.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">