• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need your Help to see if I have a case.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dsimpson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?While out with my boyfriend ,my cousin called and said the Narcotics had kicked open my door to my home.We pulled up in the drive way and they pulled guns out on Him,my 17 month old daughter,an I.they searched My boyfriends car and asked me to empty my pockets,They did not show the search warrant. I asked where it was they told me it was on the counter in the house and don't worry about opening the door because they already kicked it in,The warrant said they where looking for cocaine,an anything to do with it.The warrant had My boyfriends name on it,not mine and it was my home,everything is in my name they searched my vehicle and had no warrant for that,they found nothing in the search that took place but a bottle of unknown pills that they wrote on the inventory part of the warrant,they had no recollection that the house was occupied by me and 6 daughters.My girls now have nightmares about the situation,thinking that someone is going to bus in on us,and now I can't sleep at all,they have been harassed by kids on the bus that saw the cops kick in the door what do I do My name was not on any paper work And this is my home.No one was taken to Jail,they found nothing.

Last edited:

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?While out with my boyfriend ,my cousin called and said the Narcotics had kicked open my door to my home.We pulled up in the drive way and they pulled guns out on Him,my 17 month old daughter,an I.they searched My boyfriends car and asked me to empty my pockets,They did not show the search warrant. I asked where it was they told me it was on the counter in the house and don't worry about opening the door because they already kicked it in,The warrant said they where looking for cocaine,an anything to do with it.The warrant had My boyfriends name on it,not mine and it was my home,everything is in my name they searched my vehicle and had no warrant for that,they found nothing in the search that took place but a bottle of unknown pills that they wrote on the inventory part of the warrant,they had no recollection that the house was occupied by me and 6 daughters.My girls now have nightmares about the situation,thinking that someone is going to bus in on us,and now I can't sleep at all,they have been harassed by kids on the bus that saw the cops kick in the door what do I do My name was not on any paper work And this is my home.No one was taken to Jail,they found nothing.
Where does your boyfriend live? Where did your cousin SAY your boyfriend lives?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
A case? You have an excellent case for dumping your boyfriend.

Just Blue

Dsimpleton, My advice is to to stop procreating. ;)

Dsimpson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?While out with my boyfriend ,my cousin called and said the Narcotics had kicked open my door to my home.We pulled up in the drive way and they pulled guns out on Him,my 17 month old daughter,an I.they searched My boyfriends car and asked me to empty my pockets,They did not show the search warrant. I asked where it was they told me it was on the counter in the house and don't worry about opening the door because they already kicked it in,The warrant said they where looking for cocaine,an anything to do with it.The warrant had My boyfriends name on it,not mine and it was my home,everything is in my name they searched my vehicle and had no warrant for that,they found nothing in the search that took place but a bottle of unknown pills that they wrote on the inventory part of the warrant,they had no recollection that the house was occupied by me and 6 daughters.My girls now have nightmares about the situation,thinking that someone is going to bus in on us,and now I can't sleep at all,they have been harassed by kids on the bus that saw the cops kick in the door what do I do My name was not on any paper work And this is my home.No one was taken to Jail,they found nothing.I haven't figured out how to answer questions on this site I am new to this and really need serious advice! but my boyfriend does live with me and he is currently employed with the school district where we live and He has no police record or prior arrest and no reason for this to happen to us,I'm returning to work,I had been dealing with some health issues,and really need to know what to do.Seriously!

Mass_Shyster

My girls now have nightmares about the situation,thinking that someone is going to bus in on us,and now I can't sleep at all,they have been harassed by kids on the bus that saw the cops kick in the door what do I do My name was not on any paper work And this is my home.No one was taken to Jail,they found nothing.
If the search warrant was improperly executed, you may have a civil rights claim against the police officers to recover the cost of whatever therapy you and your girls need to get over the trauma.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?While out with my boyfriend ,my cousin called and said the Narcotics had kicked open my door to my home.We pulled up in the drive way and they pulled guns out on Him,my 17 month old daughter,an I.they searched My boyfriends car and asked me to empty my pockets,They did not show the search warrant. I asked where it was they told me it was on the counter in the house and don't worry about opening the door because they already kicked it in,The warrant said they where looking for cocaine,an anything to do with it.The warrant had My boyfriends name on it,not mine and it was my home,everything is in my name they searched my vehicle and had no warrant for that,they found nothing in the search that took place but a bottle of unknown pills that they wrote on the inventory part of the warrant,they had no recollection that the house was occupied by me and 6 daughters.My girls now have nightmares about the situation,thinking that someone is going to bus in on us,and now I can't sleep at all,they have been harassed by kids on the bus that saw the cops kick in the door what do I do My name was not on any paper work And this is my home.No one was taken to Jail,they found nothing.I haven't figured out how to answer questions on this site I am new to this and really need serious advice! but my boyfriend does live with me and he is currently employed with the school district where we live and He has no police record or prior arrest and no reason for this to happen to us,I'm returning to work,I had been dealing with some health issues,and really need to know what to do.Seriously!
And that is why HIS home was searched. Bummer it's also your home, and the home of your children. Perhaps it's time -- or past time -- to consider getting rid of the boyfriend.

I, for one, don't appreciate your "vague" (read: obfuscating) initial post in which you insinuated that it was all about YOU and YOUR home and YOUR sad little kids -- when in reality, it's your boyfriend who LIVES in that home. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OHRoadwarrior

If the search warrant was improperly executed, you may have a civil rights claim against the police officers to recover the cost of whatever therapy you and your girls need to get over the trauma.
Cost of which, should be subtracted from all the therapy they will need because you apparently are a druggie or date one.:cool:

Dsimpson

Reply to the druggie term someone posted on my thread !

I'm not a druggie or am I in a relationship with a druggie!I'm here for some real advice,an all I 'm getting is put down and accused of doing drugs my self what kind of site is this.Only intelligent people need to respond to this because I really need help,I didn't get accused of anything Neither did he.WE SEE THE OFFICERS EVERY DAY! WE EVEN SPEAK TO THEM.I just want to know if I could do anything about them replacing my door,to my home,and counseling for my daughters,15,13,10,9,7,17 months old

Zigner

I'm not a druggie or am I in a relationship with a druggie!I'm here for some real advice,an all I 'm getting is put down and accused of doing drugs my self what kind of site is this.Only intelligent people need to respond to this because I really need help,I didn't get accused of anything Neither did he.WE SEE THE OFFICERS EVERY DAY! WE EVEN SPEAK TO THEM.I just want to know if I could do anything about them replacing my door,to my home,and counseling for my daughters,15,13,10,9,7,17 months old
Feel free to submit a claim for the costs.

Zigner

Oops - we've been giving you inaccurate advice. This forum is for US law only...sorry.

OHRoadwarrior

Obviously, the police had some proof regarding your boyfriend, to obtain a search warrant. Judges don't hand them out like toilet paper. It appears the only person having a problem discussing the reality of this situation is you. You are getting defensive and emotional, instead of discussing the facts.

I suggest you consult your health insurance for counseling assistance.

Just Blue

Yes Dsimpleton, YOU CAN file a law suit against the law officials. As any druggie in your town can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">