• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needing guidance in the system

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gloryje

What is the name of your state? Ohio My son is in prison and trying to battle his way out with whatever he can. It is so hard to know the order of how to file appeals and such. First ,will tell you my son took a plea while under an extreme amount duress. He is an innocent man also. But as soon as he was mentally able he began to do what he could. First thing he did was try to take his plea back, which was reefused , He recently filed a Habeas Corpus and Post Conviction Relief and Statement of indigency and was denied those. They were done at the county level I think. I talked to a coule people that said they were filed in the wrong order. and also that someone that takes a plea doesn't have the right to appeals. he has been in the system about ayear. He also filed a delay of appeal based partly on his mental state for the last year. That was also filed at the county level, I guess because it was sent to Cuyahoga Co.courts. At the same time he has a comp;aint being investigated by the bar against the public defender that was ineffective counseler. I don't know hhow much of this makes sense, but what I'd like to fine out is what is the order for filing any appeals for him since he did take a plea. Where do you start and where do you go? It's impossiible to find help with this. It seems you either have to have aboatload of money . It's like a puzzle trying to figure things out on your own. I would thank you very much for any help you can give us. Gloria

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">