• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neglegence lawsuit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brandon20

What is the name of your state? AZ
I was arrested for violating an injunction against harassment(gf's mom is crazy) and I happened to have my jaw wired shut at the time and was on a liquid diet. I was locked up for 3 days and taken to 5 different jails in all and couldn't eat anything they served me. every time I was served something to eat I told them the deal and I got the same response every time, "oh, I didn't know" "oh, no one told me." before I was even put into my cell, i sat infront of a guy on the computer and he asked me a whole bunch of questions, and I even informed him that i indeed needed "special treatment" because my jaw was broken.

also I was wearing a gucci necklace and a belt that they took before I was initially booked. upon my release I was signing some papers and I noticed it said something about having recieved all my property and I mentioned to the corrections officer that I HADN'T recieved my property and her response was "do you want to get released or not???" so I signed the paper anyway because at that point I just wanted to get out(was my first time in jail). She then helped me fill out a missing property form. I also have a paper/card they gave me that says what property I had when I was initially taken into custody. Is there any legal action I can take against the county for negligence and for my missing/stolen property? do you guys think it would hold up? I'd appreciate your guys' thoughts. btw i just turned 20 if you were wondering.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

If you sue someone, they will present the written document that says you got everything back.

How will you overcome that?

You would have to swear under oath that you were a liar.

Doesn't sound like you have much of a case on the missing stuff.

brandon20

ok but i also filled out a form that says I DIDN'T recieve my stuff, before I was released(she signed it too). does that not make any difference?

garrula lingua

Did you try going to the station where you were booked and asking for your property back ? Go to the counter.

If no, go to the county (or city - whoever arrested you) and file a claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">