• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never charged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OldGuyFromTexas

What is the name of your state? Texas

Two years ago my wife and I had a disagreement with the Texas AG (we did something they think we should not have). The got a search warrant, searched our house and took a bunch of stuff including our computers.

That was two years ago, I hired attorneys and a bunch of stuff, but they never charged us with anything. They are still not happy; they recently got pictures of our grand-kids from one of the computers and harassed our daughter about them. This has really pissed me off to tell you the truth.

My question is can I get our stuff back. My attorney will probably do the work, but of course he has to charge me for the time. So before I start can someone tell me what the rules are? How long can they keep stuff taken in a search before they do something with it? At this point I may even be willing to sue them, but taking on the state AG is kinda daunting.

Any advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">