• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never read my rights (miranda warning)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

never

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO, is this normal now? I've been arrested, never saw a warrant, never got any paperwork at the "justice center" posted bail, bondsman told me to show up the next day for court, (08/11/16) gave the one lawyer all the cash I could gather in 24 hours, and NO COURT in session that day.... :eek: Went the next court date, 08/16/16 stood there, judge tells me to come back on another date....went that date, (09/06/16) now we are to back at the end of Sept. 28th, I've received two "letters" from my lawyer telling me not to get on social media....that's his advice.....I've never gotten to say "ABSOLUTELY NOT GUILTY" I've never gotten anything at all, I do recall the attorney saying we'd be waiving my prelim hearing.... when I try to ask him WHAT he is talking about, he acts like he's mad at me. I can NOT get my money back and I am completely lost. I had 1 speeding ticket, 30 years ago....NO other trouble at all, and I have no idea what is going on, he laughed at me when I told him I'd not been read my rights :O or seen a warrant.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO, is this normal now? I've been arrested, never saw a warrant, never got any paperwork at the "justice center" posted bail, bondsman told me to show up the next day for court, (08/11/16) gave the one lawyer all the cash I could gather in 24 hours, and NO COURT in session that day.... :eek: Went the next court date, 08/16/16 stood there, judge tells me to come back on another date....went that date, (09/06/16) now we are to back at the end of Sept. 28th, I've received two "letters" from my lawyer telling me not to get on social media....that's his advice.....I've never gotten to say "ABSOLUTELY NOT GUILTY" I've never gotten anything at all, I do recall the attorney saying we'd be waiving my prelim hearing.... when I try to ask him WHAT he is talking about, he acts like he's mad at me. I can NOT get my money back and I am completely lost. I had 1 speeding ticket, 30 years ago....NO other trouble at all, and I have no idea what is going on, he laughed at me when I told him I'd not been read my rights :O or seen a warrant.
This, I assume, has to do with the "terrorist threat" charge and you wanting to know if you can sue the city police and the local prosecutor for a "false arrest," right? Or is this a different matter entirely? If a different matter, you are a really unlucky fellow.

You need to listen to your attorney. It does not appear you are doing a very good job of it so far by posting to a public forum.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Despite what you see on TV, there is no requirement that you be read your rights at the time of an arrest. That comes into play if you are questioned AND there is an intent to use your answers against you in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">