• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never Read Rights & Arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joshneedshelp

I was arrested for possetion of marijuanna on July 3rd, but I was never read my rights. I was wondering if there is anything I can do about it? Im a minor, so that may have somthing to do with it, I dont know. Do you even have to be read your rights if you are a minor?.. I dont have money for a lawyer and my family wont help me... so, am I just screwed? Or is there anything I can do about it? Please respond as soon as possible. Thanks.

calatty

The police are required to read you your rights only if you are in custody and they are going to question you. If they don't, anything incriminating you say during questioning cannot be used against you. You should call your county Public Defender's office and inquire about representation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">