• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

The State

What is the name of your state? Florida

Just joined the forum. I'm a Board Certified Criminal Trial lawyer in Florida, and an Assistant State Attorney for the past 20 years. I hold a Juris Doctor degree, and two Bachelor's degrees (political science & biology).

I have prosecutied over 100 criminal jury trials, from simple misdemeanors to death penalty homicides. I teach continuing legal education courses throughout Florida on behalf of the Florida Prosecuting Attorney's Association, and am occasionally an adjunct professor in an undergrad criminal justice program.

While I do have some personal experience in some other areas of the law, I don't pretend to be an expert in anything other than criminal juridprudence, and the 4th, 5th, and 5th Amendments to the US Constitution - so I'll probably limit myself to this forum, unless something on another topic piques my interest.

As a career prosecutor, I obviously have the utmost respect for good law enforcement officers - and do a lot of training of them. I also have no tolerance for incompetent, or dishonest officers. Nor do I think much of incompetent lawyers in general, and prosecutors in particular ( the O.J. case was incompetently prosecuted).

I'm a Florida native, but also have a residence in Colorado (though I'm not admitted to the Colorado Bar). I'm a Vietnam vet, that served as a medical corpsman with a Special Ops unit based in Thailand. I'm a life member of the NRA.

Now you know everything you need to know about me, and my biases, for this forum. I will not, under any circumstances, discuss any pending case in which I (or my office) is involved. If you have been charged with a crime in Florida, don't ask me what you should do because the answer will always be the same - hire your own lawyer.

So, to quote Gen Patton, "Now you @#&%$ know how I feel!"

The StateWhat is the name of your state?

Litigation!

The State said:

Just joined the forum. I'm a Board Certified Criminal Trial lawyer in Florida, and an Assistant State Attorney for the past 20 years. I hold a Juris Doctor degree, and two Bachelor's degrees (political science & biology).

I have prosecutied over 100 criminal jury trials, from simple misdemeanors to death penalty homicides. I teach continuing legal education courses throughout Florida on behalf of the Florida Prosecuting Attorney's Association, and am occasionally an adjunct professor in an undergrad criminal justice program.

While I do have some personal experience in some other areas of the law, I don't pretend to be an expert in anything other than criminal juridprudence, and the 4th, 5th, and 5th Amendments to the US Constitution - so I'll probably limit myself to this forum, unless something on another topic piques my interest.

As a career prosecutor, I obviously have the utmost respect for good law enforcement officers - and do a lot of training of them. I also have no tolerance for incompetent, or dishonest officers. Nor do I think much of incompetent lawyers in general, and prosecutors in particular ( the O.J. case was incompetently prosecuted).

I'm a Florida native, but also have a residence in Colorado (though I'm not admitted to the Colorado Bar). I'm a Vietnam vet, that served as a medical corpsman with a Special Ops unit based in Thailand. I'm a life member of the NRA.

Now you know everything you need to know about me, and my biases, for this forum. I will not, under any circumstances, discuss any pending case in which I (or my office) is involved. If you have been charged with a crime in Florida, don't ask me what you should do because the answer will always be the same - hire your own lawyer.

My response:

I'm sorry, but did someone ask you for this information?

Also, General George Patton never said, ""Now you @#&%$ know how I feel!" Only George C. Scott said that, from the move; and, it was in the script.

IAAL

E

eme76

The State said:

:D is this just a typo? or do we have two 5th amendments:D

gawm

I am a Florida native, but also have a residence in Colorado
I thought only private attorneys get paid well enough to have two separate residences in two different states.:confused: :confused: :confused:

garrula lingua

Why would you share that :eek: ?

Have you asked your State employer how they feel about you proclaiming your employment (once you are ID'g yourself as a Prosecutor, you are putting your office in an embarrassing place - by ID'g yourself as such, you are insinuating that you are speaking for their office, or proclaiming their office procedures/policies.)

Do you intend to speak for the State of Florida on any position you may pose ?

S

shell007

The State said:

OOOOOOOOOK:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The State said:

Probably not quite what you had in mind for a reception...if you click on the member name in the upper left hand corner of a response you will have an option to view their recent posts. Try a few here in your post and you will get a feel for the type of posters that replied.

Surf the various topics checking out the members and you'll get a pretty good idea of who the ***holes are and who really cares about this site.

Wecome aboard. Before somebody nails you with this, use a spell checker.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">