• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Contest.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bmvanlieshout

What is the name of your state? IL.

Ok this is not for me. I did my thing with the law and glad it's over. :)

My buddy has got a theft charge in Cook County IL. Its a misdemeanor, he has a non extradition warrant (for a felony of the same thing Theft) in Indiana, he found out the warrant he had in Indiana was non extraditable after getting pulled over in another state and they held him and for some reason the judge changed the extradition orders to surrounding states only. Guess good for him on that.

Anyway, He has I think it is called plea and sentencing together? He pleaded no-contest. Which I know is the same as pleading guilty. The plea bargain says one year of probation and he has to go see a shrink. Now I have heard that the judge can override this plea and sentence him to go to jail. How often does this happen? And if so does he go to jail the same day as the sentencing? Just want to know because he is a single father, who did something he should not have done but did and he would need someone to watch his Son.

Info is always appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">