• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no knock search warrent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rockgapeach

What is the name of your state?georgia

My best friend was arrested Jan. 13th 2006 on 6 felony counts. 4 of those counts are for having prescription meds. out of original containers. 1 for possession of cocaine under 1 gram and 1 count for having firearm. A no knock warrent was executed earlier in the day on the 13th of Jan. to look for maraijuana, scales and other things related to the sale of marijuana. Ironically my friend does not smoke pot or sale it. How is it that a warrent could be issued based on a lie? My friend is a user of cocaine and openly will admit it but never as sold any drugs including marijuana. The cops told her that the warrent was issued based on a tip from someone she knows. Everyone that knows her knows that she doesn't even smoke pot and only buys cocaine for her own personaly consumption. The warrent was specifically for marijuanna sales. My friend has lost her job as a result of her arrest. Someone told her that on a no knock search warrent they have to tell you who the information came from to obtain the warrent, is this true?

Thanks for any and all help.

Just Blue

rockgapeach said:
What is the name of your state?georgia

My best friend was arrested Jan. 13th 2006 on 6 felony counts. 4 of those counts are for having prescription meds. out of original containers. 1 for possession of cocaine under 1 gram and 1 count for having firearm. A no knock warrent was executed earlier in the day on the 13th of Jan. to look for maraijuana, scales and other things related to the sale of marijuana. Ironically my friend does not smoke pot or sale it. How is it that a warrent could be issued based on a lie? My friend is a user of cocaine and openly will admit it but never as sold any drugs including marijuana. The cops told her that the warrent was issued based on a tip from someone she knows. Everyone that knows her knows that she doesn't even smoke pot and only buys cocaine for her own personaly consumption. The warrent was specifically for marijuanna sales. My friend has lost her job as a result of her arrest. Someone told her that on a no knock search warrent they have to tell you who the information came from to obtain the warrent, is this true?

Thanks for any and all help.
The police would have to make that info available for trial...your friends attorney would probably get in discovery ....I doubt the cops will tell your friend who ratted her out... :rolleyes:

She did not loose her job over the arrest she lost her job because of her drug use... ;)

http://www.na.org/

bsokee

For Baystate or anyone who's interested.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I do have a ? about prescrip. meds in my possession(purse). Do I need to start a new post, or what?

Heather2

bsokee said:
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I do have a ? about prescrip. meds in my possession(purse). Do I need to start a new post, or what?
Go ahead and start a new thread and I will try to help.

Formerly,
tyson-bird

smutlydog

rockgapeach said:
How is it that a warrent could be issued based on a lie?
the police are not responsible for what is fact or fiction when it comes to information they receive.

A warrant like this can be issued but it might not hold up in court.

Sounds like somebody has an angry ex boyfriend or something

thanrah1

No knock warrant !!!

There was a prior arrest involving a gun... I don't know what the affidavit said when they requested a no knock warrant but I'm inclined to think that they indicated there was reasonable suspicion to be concerned for their safety...thus a no knock warrant was issued. As to the prescribed drugs that were not in their original container, if thats the law in your state, then it was violated.

rockgapeach

smutlydog said:
the police are not responsible for what is fact or fiction when it comes to information they receive.

A warrant like this can be issued but it might not hold up in court.

Sounds like somebody has an angry ex boyfriend or something
She is going through a divorce.....angry ex is correct!

Two Bit

I've never heard of a requirement in Georgia to disclose information on a no knock warrant that was different from a regular warrant. Narcs typically will make you wait for discovery to get any information about the case.

It is a misdemanor in the state of Georgia to have any perscribed medication outside of the perscription bottle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">