• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No one explained anything to me... Do i have any other options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ahlea.graham

I was arrested for Disorderly Conduct after saying "Holy ****" in the front yard of a dorm building. I was at a party that got busted and 13 MICs were handed out. (I wasnt drinking but i wouldnt blow so he said blow or ticket. I was always told to never blow so i took the ticket.) I was the first to recieve mine and I went outside for some air. I was in the middle of the yard with no one around me when i said "Holy ****, there are four cop cars here for one party!" The police officer came up behind me and told me i was under arrest bc i couldnt sayd **** in public. I was taken to jail and spent the night. In the morning i went to arainment and told the judge no contest bc i WAS guilty of saying **** in public but i WASNT guilty of the disorderly conduct. I was planning to fight it. However, i called the court today and they told me what i thought was my bond was actually my fine and there was nothing i could do about it, i had to pay and it was too late to fight. Is this true? Do i have to just pay it?

tranquility

You screwed up your arraingment? Is that what you're saying? If so, you're only hope is through an attorney. You have already pro per'd yourself into a conviction I think you are *innocent* of. Not not guilty, innocent.

While you may be able to get rid of your plea, you may not. You will need expert help to review all the facts to see your next step--if there is one.

(For future readers unclear on the concept, the first time a JUDGE asks you a question and waits for an answer, that answer is "NOT GUILTY". You don't talk about the facts, you don't say "no contest", you don't start cussing about the cop, you say "Not Guilty." Got it?)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">