• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Probable Cause Arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keclark

California

While going through dumpsters located behind numerous office buildings located inside a business park taking usable discarded items ie (dishes,
furniture, carpets) I noticed the private security watching me, and then a local city police office drove up and approched me and my passenger asking what we were doing, he requested I.D. gave it to him he called it in ran plates, then proceded to accuse us of being under the influence of meth.
I told him no, he searched me, my car, my passenger and found nothing.
Needless to say I was offended, and angry, one thing I;m 4'11" and about 200 pounds. However I was arrested and held for about 5-6 hours gave a urine sample and released. My vehicle was not impounded left in the parking lot along with my purse and cell phone on the front seat. My passenger was not arrested and sent away on foot. The officer's threatened to impound my 2005 SUV if I didnot comply, reason why I gave the urine. I was arrested for possibly being under the influence. If they didn't want us removing items from the dumpster ask us to leave. How can that be legal? What rights do I have?

Thanks
keclark

HomeGuru

keclark said:
California

While going through dumpsters located behind numerous office buildings located inside a business park taking usable discarded items ie (dishes,
furniture, carpets) I noticed the private security watching me, and then a local city police office drove up and approched me and my passenger asking what we were doing, he requested I.D. gave it to him he called it in ran plates, then proceded to accuse us of being under the influence of meth.
I told him no, he searched me, my car, my passenger and found nothing.
Needless to say I was offended, and angry, one thing I;m 4'11" and about 200 pounds.

**A: so what the heck does looking like Jabba the Hut have to do with your issues?
However I was arrested and held for about 5-6 hours gave a urine sample and released.

**A: you were arested because you were trespassing on private property and stealing private property.

My vehicle was not impounded left in the parking lot along with my purse and cell phone on the front seat. My passenger was not arrested and sent away on foot. The officer's threatened to impound my 2005 SUV if I didnot comply, reason why I gave the urine. I was arrested for possibly being under the influence. If they didn't want us removing items from the dumpster ask us to leave. How can that be legal? What rights do I have?

Thanks
keclark
**A: did you have permission to enter private property? Did you have permission to take private property out of the dumpster?
There is a whole lot more to this story.

CdwJava

You have the right to go to court. The police can make an arrest based on probable cause. If they had reason to believe you were under the influence of meth. then the arrest was lawful.

Dumpster diving is generally good cause to contact someone.

Check with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">