• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no reason for pullover

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JFever

my boyfriend & I got pulled over for no known reason. the only reason i could come up with was that i didn't have a seatbelt on but didn't get a ticket. (He did have his seatbelt) I was the driver
my boyfriend & my car was searched (nothing found) & the officer told me that he knew who my boyfriend & i was, & where we lived & that we were drug dealers.(which is false accusations) my boyfriend ended up getting arrested due to warrants from unpaid traffic tickets but i feel that the officer pulled us over due to us being an interacial couple. what are my rights when it comes to traffic stops and false accusations?

stephenk

why did you delete what state you are in? it makes a difference regarding the answers to your questions.

B

Boxcarbill

JFever said:
my boyfriend & I got pulled over for no known reason. the only reason i could come up with was that i didn't have a seatbelt on but didn't get a ticket. (He did have his seatbelt) I was the driver
my boyfriend & my car was searched (nothing found) & the officer told me that he knew who my boyfriend & i was, & where we lived & that we were drug dealers.(which is false accusations) my boyfriend ended up getting arrested due to warrants from unpaid traffic tickets but i feel that the officer pulled us over due to us being an interacial couple. what are my rights when it comes to traffic stops and false accusations?
I presume that you are in Macom, GA, although I immediately looked to see if you were in NJ because of the the obvious charge of driving while black which is epidemic in NJ.

Down at the lower right hand side of the page is a window and above the window is "search this forum." Type into the window "automobile search" or "auto search" or "warrantless search" and it will bring up every thread containing those words. I have written several posts on this subject and one of those is currently on the front page.

calatty

The police must have a reasonable suspicion that a crime is being committed or of a vehicle code violation to pull a car over. Not wearing a seatbelt is a vehicle code violation. Even when they pull you over, they can't search your entire car unless they have a good reason to or your permission. If the police don't find any incriminating evidence in an illegal search, you can sue the city, or you can make a complaint to any police review commission. If they do find evidence of a crime and charge you, you can move to suppress the evidence, though by the time of the hearing, the police usually come up with new reasons to justify the search.

B

badtenant

Because of the the obvious charge of driving while black which is epidemic in NJ.>>>>>>>>>

So whats wrong with that?

When Black people in America GROW UP and stop committing crimes....then i will agree with you its racist.

But if the majority of felons are black, drive fast, and have out of state or HIGH priced cars.... well.....Black people shouldn't be so STOOOPID and ask for it.

calatty

badtenant, it is absolutely untrue that "the majority of felons are black, drive fast, and have out of state or HIGH priced cars." No race has the monopoly on stupidity -- your post is proof of that. You have serious racism issues.

H

hexeliebe

Goodbye badtenant. This is one person who has finally had enough of your crap.

B

badtenant

Then STOP with this nonsense about driving while Black...is BS!

calatty said:
badtenant, it is absolutely untrue that "the majority of felons are black, drive fast, and have out of state or HIGH priced cars." No race has the monopoly on stupidity -- your post is proof of that. You have serious racism issues.

B

badtenant

That's fine I'm tried of these whiners who get pulled over and claim ooh ohh we are an interacial copule....hey its driving while black...

HE WAS ARRESTED ON OUTSTANDING WARRENTS...DUH

If he wasnt, then i would be more sympathetic.

hexeliebe said:
Goodbye badtenant. This is one person who has finally had enough of your crap.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">