• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-traffic warent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elina2010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.

I am asking for a friend. He does not have a computer or access to one.

He was homeless for a a bit more than a year. Got a job as a truck driver. He got his first traffice ticket ever, And he was 47. He continued working not thinking to muche about the ticket since he did not have a computer to look it up.rote to me on his working cell. Looked it up It was after the court day.
He could not go there. Boss did not like that he used phone for personal calls.

Plus he could not go there in person since he had no car and nobody to drive him. Court house over an hr away and he was always working for low pay. Rented a room to get out of sleeping in the car.
His boss lost his truck do to violations that the boss did. again no work. Finally found low paying working for a pizza parlor.Barely makes the room rent. Eats for free.
He wants a job. But is terrified for the non traffic warrent. His car is finally after years got fixed but is scared to go anywhere. If he gets caught there is no money for bail and so far cant do any payment plan at all. Nobody around has that kind of money. But to pay the warrent off he needs to get a new job that pays more. Anyone have any kind of idea. He is stuck.

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.

I am asking for a friend. He does not have a computer or access to one.

He was homeless for a a bit more than a year. Got a job as a truck driver. He got his first traffice ticket ever, And he was 47. He continued working not thinking to muche about the ticket since he did not have a computer to look it up.
Once upon a time we didn't have computers, yet we still managed to have a functioning justice system and people showed up for court.

On his ticket was a date, time and location for him to attend so that he could enter a plea on the citation. On the back of the citation was additional information including who to call or how to resolve the citation.

He wants a job. But is terrified for the non traffic warrent.
What is the warrant for? If not for a traffic offense, what crime did he commit?

elina2010

Once upon a time we didn't have computers, yet we still managed to have a functioning justice system and people showed up for court.

On his ticket was a date, time and location for him to attend so that he could enter a plea on the citation. On the back of the citation was additional information including who to call or how to resolve the citation.

What is the warrant for? If not for a traffic offense, what crime did he commit?
Thank you for answering. At the time he had no personal phone. Work phone was just for work. His boss made sure of that. He was new in town . Did not know anybody that could help him. Court was over an hour away and he was not allowed time of. If he did he would have lost his job.

The ticket was for an over weight truck in a residential neighbor hood

OHRoadwarrior

He needs to address the ticket. The company has likely already paid the overweight portion of the fine. He can contact the court to schedule an appearance and fix this issue.

elina2010

He needs to address the ticket. The company has likely already paid the overweight portion of the fine. He can contact the court to schedule an appearance and fix this issue.
He knows that. But how can he fix this with no money? He barely makes rent of a room. Plus he needs someone to get him there. He cant even afford insurance on his car.

I dont live close by plus I dont drive.

And I dont think the court would accept $10-20 a month. That is the most he can pay.

CdwJava

Thank you for answering. At the time he had no personal phone. Work phone was just for work. His boss made sure of that. He was new in town . Did not know anybody that could help him. Court was over an hour away and he was not allowed time of. If he did he would have lost his job.

The ticket was for an over weight truck in a residential neighbor hood
So, how does he know he has a warrant? They don't issue arrest warrants anymore for missing court on traffic infractions - they suspend your license.

Ultimately, he has no legal excuse for missing court. He may have had an ugly choice to make, but he made the choice that has resulted in his situation.

If he can get the matter back up before the court, he might be able to work out a payment plan or community service (this is permitted in some counties for part of the fines and fees).

elina2010

So, how does he know he has a warrant? They don't issue arrest warrants anymore for missing court on traffic infractions - they suspend your license.

Ultimately, he has no legal excuse for missing court. He may have had an ugly choice to make, but he made the choice that has resulted in his situation.

If he can get the matter back up before the court, he might be able to work out a payment plan or community service (this is permitted in some counties for part of the fines and fees).
He asked me to look it up on my computer. Lisence is not suspended. He doesn not drive anymore. How low payment would the court accept? He only makes $900 per month and the rent is $ 600 for one room. Community service and he would loose the job he found.

Also the boss never paid the fine at all. Boss did however loose his truck for doing some thing stupid.

It say Non-traffic warrent on the court site.

Last edited:

CdwJava

I am unaware of any counties seeking the custodial arrest of a person for failing to appear on a traffic matter ... and the CVC requires that a person arrested on two or fewer such warrants be permitted to pay bail before being booked (i.e. before prints and photos). This is very peculiar.

Could he have more than one such FTA?

What code section has he been charged with?

Absent the money to pay what is owed or to hire an attorney to arrange a surrender and release, about all he can do is keep rolling the dice and hoping that today is not the day he will be arrested. Bottom line is that he had a chance to take care of the matter, and did not. heck, at that first hearing if he could show that the offense was the responsibility of the owner of the vehicle, he could have been able to walk away clear. As it is, he's stuck with it and it may take him a while to get out from underneath this.

elina2010

I am unaware of any counties seeking the custodial arrest of a person for failing to appear on a traffic matter ... and the CVC requires that a person arrested on two or fewer such warrants be permitted to pay bail before being booked (i.e. before prints and photos). This is very peculiar.

Could he have more than one such FTA?

What code section has he been charged with?

Absent the money to pay what is owed or to hire an attorney to arrange a surrender and release, about all he can do is keep rolling the dice and hoping that today is not the day he will be arrested. Bottom line is that he had a chance to take care of the matter, and did not. heck, at that first hearing if he could show that the offense was the responsibility of the owner of the vehicle, he could have been able to walk away clear. As it is, he's stuck with it and it may take him a while to get out from underneath this.
He has been charged with 853.7/21. That was his ever traffic ticket.He even renewed his lisence without any problems. That was while he was still driving. He is not operating any kind of vehicles at all. Thank you for your info. This is in LA county and he lives in another county.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">