• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not read my rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Babswat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I was arrested for under the influence last Friday in Danville California in Contra Costa County, I was NOT read my rights. I believe that if my rights were not read to me that the case is not admissible in court? Please advise as to what I should do now.

Thanks!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I was arrested for under the influence last Friday in Danville California in Contra Costa County, I was NOT read my rights. I believe that if my rights were not read to me that the case is not admissible in court? Please advise as to what I should do now.

Thanks!
Real life is not like what you see on COPS. Your rights do not have to be read if you're not questioned.

CdwJava

Thanks!
You need to speak with an attorney.

But, the rights issue - as previously explained - is not an issue at all.

Miranda rights are only necessary when both custody (an arrest) and interrogation exist. If the state does not intent to use any statements made after your arrest against you, they do not have to read you your Miranda rights.

- Carl

Antigone*

You need to speak with an attorney.

But, the rights issue - as previously explained - is not an issue at all.

Miranda rights are only necessary when both custody (an arrest) and interrogation exist. If the state does not intent to use any statements made after your arrest against you, they do not have to read you your Miranda rights.

- Carl
Carl,

You don't happen to work out of Danville, do you?:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">