• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure if this goes here, sex offender question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jesterbride

What is the name of your state?I live in Oregon. My fiance has a sex offender charge on his record because his ex-wife was 17 and some odd months when she got pregnant with their daughter. He has been very busy moving twice, getting the child in school, he got engaged to me, and is going back to college, to cut a long story short he forgot to register within 10 days after moving. He got arressted after a co-workers boyfriend started trouble at work and the police were called. He has court on August 9th, but we are getting married September 17th! Im terrified he's going to serve jail time and be in there for our wedding, what will normally happen in a case like this? I'm practically pulling my hair out worrying, any advice appreciated.

jesterbride

What is that supposed to mean? It's a real question. The police who arrested him said he could face jail time, I'm wondering if that is a likely possibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">