• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice of Warrant for Arrest!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ocbrat

What is the name of your state? California

My boyfriend just received a notice in the mail saying there's a warrant out for his arrest. He's only been contacted once regarding the situation at hand, and it was by an investigator that sent the report to the DA's office. When he spoke to the investigator, he admitted to being at fault and that he would take care of the situation. My question is should he go to court first thing in the morning to get it all taken care of? Or should he find an attorney first?? I've asked some opinions and have been to other websites that all say the best thing to do is just go straight to court.. especially since he already admitted to it. Can anyone help me out with this??? :confused:

CdwJava

ocbrat said:
What is the name of your state? California

My boyfriend just received a notice in the mail saying there's a warrant out for his arrest. He's only been contacted once regarding the situation at hand, and it was by an investigator that sent the report to the DA's office. When he spoke to the investigator, he admitted to being at fault and that he would take care of the situation. My question is should he go to court first thing in the morning to get it all taken care of? Or should he find an attorney first?? I've asked some opinions and have been to other websites that all say the best thing to do is just go straight to court.. especially since he already admitted to it. Can anyone help me out with this??? :confused:
If he goes to court, he may be arrested.

His best bet will be to consult an attorney in the morning. He might then be able to arrange a way to surrender himself and post bail without actually having to spend time in jail beyond what will be needed to take his prints and photos.

However, if he delays, the cops might come kicking in the door.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">