• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY Jump Bail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackheart

What is the name of your state? New York

Hi i got a friend who wants to know how f*k is he.

Situation

Charged with rape/sodomy, was arrested, released on bail. didnt get indited yet.

dissappeared...

Is there a statue of limitations on this? He seems to be labeled fugitive.

If yes how long?

CdwJava

blackheart said:
Charged with rape/sodomy, was arrested, released on bail. didnt get indited yet.

dissappeared...

If yes how long?
Nope! The SOL no longer applies because action has begun against him. This will NOT go away. And with those charges, even if they find him 20 years from now, he'll be shackled and transported hoime for trial.

If there is a warrant for his arrest (and I am sure there is) he will be taken in to custody and transported when he is found. He will never be able to apply for a driver's license, financial aid, loans, or any other service because he will be flagged.

He is in a bad way ... but not nearly as bad off as his victim, I am sure.

I will refrain from expressing my opinion of your "friend" since I suppose there is the slight chance he is not guilty ... but since he chose to run that certainly plays loudly toward consciousness of guilt.

- Carl

blackheart

I told him dont go to the da with no laywer..

long story short, he got up with some girl from a russian dating site. she came to the USA, they got married. after about 3 months she got violent.. once he told her he had it with her and he was going to file charges she started crying and said she was sorry that she didnt know what was wrong with her.. he fell for it since *inlove*
anyway when she some how got some people together she placed these charges against him and told him that she would come back with him if he said it was true.
they had nothing on him, she never had bruises, drug tests all fine, no sperm. and she was his wife! how could she claim rape on her husband?

anyway he freaked out after being abused in the system and fled...

weenor

blackheart said:
I told him dont go to the da with no laywer..

long story short, he got up with some girl from a russian dating site. she came to the USA, they got married. after about 3 months she got violent.. once he told her he had it with her and he was going to file charges she started crying and said she was sorry that she didnt know what was wrong with her.. he fell for it since *inlove*
anyway when she some how got some people together she placed these charges against him and told him that she would come back with him if he said it was true.
they had nothing on him, she never had bruises, drug tests all fine, no sperm. and she was his wife! how could she claim rape on her husband?

bottom line is that he is still a fugitive.

CdwJava

blackheart said:
Bruises do not prove rape - they might indicate force, but not necessarily rape. Plus, there are people that like their relations ... uh ... 'rough'.

And even if two people are married, the husband does NOT have a right to forcibly take his wife! "No" still means, "No." The neanderthal notion of marriage equaling the right to abuse or rape one's wife should be almost out of the American psyche ... apparently it might still be clinging on in some corners.

That's his version of events, anyway.

Most innocent people don't run. This will just make him appear guilty to the investigators. If they HAD been inclined to believe him before, this will make them them less inclined to do so now. The longer he's gone, the more guilty he will appear.

- Carl

BRN2005

Bail Jumper

Your friend has more problems than you have mentioned (or are aware of). He was undoubtedly on a pretty heft bond. Who put up the bond? With a large bond (as I sure he would have had with these charges), someone put up a chunk of change and collateral. On a large bond, the collateral is almost always real estate (house, etc). Whomever put up the bond/collateral stands to lose it all. If there is a bondsman involved, they are not going to just let him walk away, so he has more serious people looking for him than the law. If he jumped on a bondmsn/bounty hunter, he had better hope the police find him first. They can be very rough (and get away with it).
My suggestion is that he turn himself in. Not only could he save his hide, but it looks better to the courst if you have come back voluntarily.

CdwJava

Oh! And if he jumped bail, he's gonna have a bounty hunter dogging him as he will be worth money to someone.

So, he'll have cops AND men with a financial incentive to catch him dogging him. He'll have no way to get a decent job or a driver's license, no loans or financial aid, and be looking over his shoulder forever. Nice life.

- Carl

CdwJava

BRN2005 said:
On a large bond, the collateral is almost always real estate (house, etc). Whomever put up the bond/collateral stands to lose it all.
Yep.

I have a friend who was convnced to put up the collateral for the nephew of his wife on an ADW charge ... he jumped and fled to Mexico. He was about 30 days from losing his home when family members convinced to come back across the border, and the feds caught him in AZ.

If a family member is on the hook for the collateral, then even family is going to be ticked at him! One less resource to access or rock to crawl under.

- Carl

BRN2005

Bail Jumping

FYI, just because it is not considered legal to bounty hunt in certain areas (ie Mexico), do not believe it does not happen. Many of those people come across borders and state lines in trunks (or worse). If you are worth enough money, they will find you no matter where you go. You see, the law enforcement officers do not usually go looking for you specifically. They usually only pick you up if you have reason to have police contact and they pick up on the warrant. A Bounty hunter will cross state lines, do stake outs, and leave no stone unturned to find your butt and bring you back. (Hint: that is what "Dog Chapman" was doing in Puerto Vallarta when he was arrested with his crew).

S

shell007

blackheart said:
What is the name of your state? New York

Hi i got a friend who wants to know how f*k is he.

Situation

dissappeared...

If yes how long?
If your "FRIEND" has "disappeared"....how do YOU know what he is worried about???:rolleyes:

CdwJava

shell007 said:
If your "FRIEND" has "disappeared"....how do YOU know what he is worried about???:rolleyes:
Well ... "disappeared" is such a vague term. Maybe, it's only the cops he has "disappeared" from. I'm SURE our OP wouldn't want to be risking prison himself for aiding and abetting a fugitive! And I'm SURE he's not the fugitive himself ... :eek:

- Carl

S

shell007

CdwJava said:
Well ... "disappeared" is such a vague term. Maybe, it's only the cops he has "disappeared" from. I'm SURE our OP wouldn't want to be risking prison himself for aiding and abetting a fugitive! And I'm SURE he's not the fugitive himself ... :eek:

- Carl
Right!!! ;)

outonbail

I have noticed a definate pattern here,,,
The actual people who have the legal troubles which are posted, are never the same as the person who submits the post. It's always a friend or family member, or neighbor, or someone they work with, or an ex-spouse, or some other distant acquaintance, who's immediate whereabouts is often unknown.
However, the poster who is being so kind to post at this site for the real criminal, is often very familiar with all the little details of whatever crime was committed.

I guess criminals only steal computers, they don't use them. They just know someone who has a computer (the one they sold them) who, although nearly illiterate, will "look something up on line" for them.

blackheart

Well we (friends and family) helped paid his bail in cash. the other obvious is that i talk to him once in a while when he calls. he asked me to look into the situation so i did. told him it would be better to face the music and finish it off. his words he said 'better off free and homeless then attacked constantly by groups inside the system. ' I told him maybe he could get house arrest if he plea bargins, he 'said he wasn't gonna do no time for a russian mail order bride that set this up'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">