• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obstructing public passageways, and ignoring probation.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mattc3090

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I was arrested almost two years ago while walking home drunk. I was charged with two counts of "Obstructing public passageways" and pled guilty. My punishment was 2 years probation(6/M supervised) and 20 days of community service. I stopped going to see my PO after three appointments, and have not done a single hour of CS. I now have a warrant out. I realize that I can only blame myself for my actions and that I must face the consequences .

I started this post in order to ask a few questions to anyone willing to help. I have been thinking about turning myself in, but I don't know if doing so will make things simple or just add more complications. Would I be put back on probation after getting released? Is it possible to just serve my time in jail and bypass the probation? If so, where should I go to turn myself in? Should I hire a lawyer for such a simple offence ? Thank you for your help in advanc

Last edited:

Indiana Filer

Go to the police or Sheriff's department and turn yourself in. You shown probation doesn't work for you, so there's a good chance you will get to serve time instead.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">