• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obstruction of Justice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hattmall

What is the name of your state? Georgia

A was riding with a friend at 3:45 and he was pulled over for improper lane change. He passed road side sobriety test. We were both then asked to get out of the vehicle. We were repeatedly patted down, seperated, and questioned by officers. The officer asked for consent to search the vehicle my friend said no that we were in a hurry to get home because it was so late. He was let to go back in the car. I was then told that my friend said that I had hidden some drugs in his car but they knew they were his and if I told them where they were I wouldn't get in trouble. I knew this wasn't true. I asked him to be more specific did he mean weed or coke or crystal meth. I'm not fond of cops and I was just joking around. I told him that I was kidding and to my knowledge there were no drugs in the car. He put me in hand cuffs and put me in the back of the car?? A K-9 Unit arrived about 20 minutes later. Police questioned my friend some more and apparently told him that I said there was Cocaine in the car. The K-9 unit sniffed around the car and immediately started barking.. They searched the car. The dog scratched the s**t out of his leather seats. The police spent nearly 1 hour disasembling the seats and dash to find absolutley nothing, becuase there were no drugs in the car. After searching the front they eventually open the trunk. In the trunk is an empty tequilla bottle. He was 20 I was 21. He was chareged with Obstruction of an Officer as well as Minor in Possesion. I was charged with Obsturction of an Officer...

Is this legal?? Also there were no other cars on the road when the illegal lane change was made (he didn't use a blinker). The cop saw him from the parking lot of a nearby Huddle House... Any advice?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hattmall said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

A was riding with a friend at 3:45 and he was pulled over for improper lane change. He passed road side sobriety test. We were both then asked to get out of the vehicle. We were repeatedly patted down, seperated, and questioned by officers. The officer asked for consent to search the vehicle my friend said no that we were in a hurry to get home because it was so late. He was let to go back in the car. I was then told that my friend said that I had hidden some drugs in his car but they knew they were his and if I told them where they were I wouldn't get in trouble. I knew this wasn't true. I asked him to be more specific did he mean weed or coke or crystal meth. I'm not fond of cops and I was just joking around. I told him that I was kidding and to my knowledge there were no drugs in the car. He put me in hand cuffs and put me in the back of the car?? A K-9 Unit arrived about 20 minutes later. Police questioned my friend some more and apparently told him that I said there was Cocaine in the car. The K-9 unit sniffed around the car and immediately started barking.. They searched the car. The dog scratched the s**t out of his leather seats. The police spent nearly 1 hour disasembling the seats and dash to find absolutley nothing, becuase there were no drugs in the car. After searching the front they eventually open the trunk. In the trunk is an empty tequilla bottle. He was 20 I was 21. He was chareged with Obstruction of an Officer as well as Minor in Possesion. I was charged with Obsturction of an Officer...

Is this legal?? Also there were no other cars on the road when the illegal lane change was made (he didn't use a blinker). The cop saw him from the parking lot of a nearby Huddle House...

Any advice?

=======================================

My response:

Yes. My advice is to always remember to use your blinker when changing lanes - - especially when passing the parking lot of a nearby Huddle House (whatever the hell that is).

IAAL

H

hattmall

Its like a waffle house... 24 Hour Eating place where they server all kinds of food all the time.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hattmall said:
Its like a waffle house... 24 Hour Eating place where they server all kinds of food all the time.

My response:

Did you really believe I cared what a "Huddle House" is?

Could you be a bigger loser?

IAAL

H

hattmall

Uhm, you've made over Twenty-six Thousand Posts on an internet forum....

Can YOU be a bigger loser?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hattmall said:
Uhm, you've made over Twenty-six Thousand Posts on an internet forum....

Can YOU be a bigger loser?

My response:

You see, when you're as wealthy as I am, and you have other people who work for you making money for you, then you can pretty much do whatever the hell you please - - like me!

So, while you're out "riding with a friend at 3:45 and he was pulled over for improper lane change", and doing drugs, I'm making money just sitting around!

Try doing THAT, you pathetic little whorehound!

IAAL

H

hattmall

oh my god... you are a loser... what ever the hell you want to do consits of making worthless posts on an internet site....

Why did you even reply to my post? Your post had absolutely no value... your just a postwhore....

If your so rich why don't you find something better to do?

I am sorry that you don't have any friends you can ride around with.

Maybe somebody will think your cool because you have so many posts that they will offer to hangout with you to hear your witty comments such as

"Yes. My advice is to always remember to use your blinker when changing lanes - - especially when passing the parking lot of a nearby Huddle House (whatever the hell that is)."

Thats not even funny... its just gay.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Much like yourself. Hey, you're the one riding around in the middle of the night with guys. What does that tell you? Having a little boy/boy sex for drugs, perhaps?

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

Well hattmail, if you know enough about the law to answer other's questions then you don't need our help in answering your own.

Have a wonderful life.

the fact that you were screwing with the cops to the point where they had to bring out dogs and look like fools meant that you were going to get gaffled either way.

if you had kept your mouth shut... your refusal to consent of the vehicle search would have been the end of your night.

US v. ACEVEDO says that the cops can only look in parts of the car that they have probable cause to search. in this case a case full of heroin in the trunk was supressed at trial because there was no PC to search the trunk. PC must be specific to a part of the car or an area where the recent occupants had immediate access per MICHIGAN v. LONG.

unfortunately the fact that someone told the cops there was dope in the car pretty much means they had PC to search the whole car.

HOWEVER you can and should argue that anything that happened after you refused consent was done under duress and how you were young and dumb and there were cops everywhere and blah blah blah blah blah. basically you pissed some cops off and they hooked you up. look up the potential penalties for your charge... if it's more than you can handle then you're going to want to talk to a public defender as soon as possible. if he/she is not confident about the case... hire yourself a good lawyer AND LEARN TO KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT.

good luck!

H

hattmall

helixble - i never claimed i knew anything about the law... what gave you that impression

IAAL -... right... you got me..

We were on the way back from a concert and this dosen't have anything to do with drugs anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">