• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

obtaining police report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mr_Dad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? fl

not sure if i posting this in the correct section. i need to get a copy of a police report but because the case is still open i was told i couldnt get the whole report. is there anyway around this?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? fl

not sure if i posting this in the correct section. i need to get a copy of a police report but because the case is still open i was told i couldnt get the whole report. is there anyway around this?
Sure - wait until the case is wrapped up

Isis1

really? seriously, i need it for a up coming court date. i am doing this pro se and dont have a lawyer.
then all you can have is that is available for public veiwing. it's that simple.

they won't release what is not complete.

CdwJava

The only one who can force the police to cough up an open case file is a court. I seriously doubt ANY judge is going to force the police to release an open investigation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">