• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Off-campus housing; Police incident. Lawyer telling the truth?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nononsense

Many moons ago, I was living in off-campus house provided by the college. I had, who I thought, was a cool neighbor. Turns out, he was nothing more than a bully. Not sure why he was always to trying to out-do me. I mean, he's rich. I'm not. I HAD to live a certain way to afford the astronomically high rent. He had his parents pay for everything.

He started texting me. This was when each text cost money. When I received my bill, it was $400 more than it was. I told the phone company that I was being harassed and they waived half of it. I told him to stop. He didn't.

I had had enough. I confront him and he put me in a choke hold. I threw him over my shoulder and he slammed on to the floor. I went on to facebook and posted "if anyone texts me again, i'm going to kill you"

he calls the police. They searched my room. They found my hunting knife. A knife I use as a kitchen knife. The school expelled me and the police were still investigating. I got a lawyer. He told me that all will be fine and there will be no record of this incident.

Is this true?

quincy

Many moons ago, I was living in off-campus house provided by the college. I had, who I thought, was a cool neighbor. Turns out, he was nothing more than a bully. Not sure why he was always to trying to out-do me. I mean, he's rich. I'm not. I HAD to live a certain way to afford the astronomically high rent. He had his parents pay for everything.

He started texting me. This was when each text cost money. When I received my bill, it was $400 more than it was. I told the phone company that I was being harassed and they waived half of it. I told him to stop. He didn't.

I had had enough. I confront him and he put me in a choke hold. I threw him over my shoulder and he slammed on to the floor. I went on to facebook and posted "if anyone texts me again, i'm going to kill you"

he calls the police. They searched my room. They found my hunting knife. A knife I use as a kitchen knife. The school expelled me and the police were still investigating. I got a lawyer. He told me that all will be fine and there will be no record of this incident.

Is this true?
This is the fourth thread you have started in a very short period of time tonight, nononsense. Did you save up all of the legal questions you have ever had to have them answered at once?

There is no way to know if there is a public record of the police incident, although there will be a record of your expulsion from school.

Were you arrested, charged and/or convicted of making death threats- or were you just investigated by the police?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">