• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oklahoma Incident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tempuserus

I had a minor unfortunate incident driving in Oklahoma City. I am a non resident and am here temporarilly. I was driving a rental car rented by my company when someone hit me. It was only a minor incident but there was some damage and so my company told me I had to report it. I tried to call rental location and see if they could send someone out to assess the damage and avoid making the lady face a summons and citations for a small mistake. Unfortunately, they were not able to come. I told the officer we would have to file a report and he said that he would have to cite the individual responsible.

It turns out the lady driving was driving on a suspended license. She probably got charged with that, as well as the improper driving. She was not arrested.

It seemed to me to be a Hispanic woman, probably struggling to go forward in life.

I only reported this because I was told I needed to and also because of the way rental car companies take advantage of any possible way they can to exaggerate damage claims.

I feel bad that this lady will now and up going to court over this minor incident and suffering more when it's highly possible that the reason for suspension could have been due to inability to pay a fine because of financial hardship in the first place. I also really don't want to find myself getting subpoenaed to appear in court because such would mean a long trip and a long flight.

in the event that I am subpoenaed because the person chooses to plead not guilty what rights do i have to notify the court in writing that I do not wish to testify against an individual and are they required to accept such a request?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I doubt very much you would get called to go to court.

The person who hit you should not have been on the road driving. Period. Regardless of what the reason was, her license was suspended. Stop making assumptions as to what the reason was - you have no idea. It's irrelevant anyway.

Lee Bowen

I doubt very much you would get called to go to court.

The person who hit you should not have been on the road driving. Period. Regardless of what the reason was, her license was suspended. Stop making assumptions as to what the reason was - you have no idea. It's irrelevant anyway.
Right. Assumptions are always worse than opinions huh? So please tell us, what facts do you rely upon to form your opinion that she shouldn't have been driving on the road?

Was she required to have a license to drive in the first place? The answer is no. Google is your friend. Try "right to travel" in the search box, and you will find hundreds of cases that say no, and I rely more on a court's opinion than joe blow off the street.

Every single state supreme court and the united states supreme court has found the same way on this issue....so hurry on down and have your drivers license renewed and pay them the extortion fee they demand, to stop escalating violence against you the side of the road by their hired thugs in costume. (cops)

Temp....all government is by consent. If they attempt to subpoena you to appear, ask them if they have any factual evidence that their subpoena rules or laws apply to you. Trust me, they have nothing. Senator Pettigrew stated....their are no facts proving the laws apply to anyone.....Tell them you decline to appear unless they can produce the evidence you asked for, the facts, and witnesses with personal firsthand knowledge of those facts, that prove their laws apply to you. If you don't appear, she should walk. Why? Because there are no other witnesses. The cop got there after the fact, and anything he has is hearsay. Good luck and stick to your guns...they sure do.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Was she required to have a license to drive in the first place? The answer is no. Google is your friend. Try "right to travel" in the search box, and you will find hundreds of cases that say no, and I rely more on a court's opinion than joe blow off the street.
Oy vey! It's too early for this :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

HighwayMan

So please tell us, what facts do you rely upon to form your opinion that she shouldn't have been driving on the road?
The FACT that her license was suspended.

Please save your sovereign citizen BS for another forum. It'll get you nowhere here.

jimnyc

Right. Assumptions are always worse than opinions huh? So please tell us, what facts do you rely upon to form your opinion that she shouldn't have been driving on the road?

Every single state supreme court and the united states supreme court has found the same way on this issue....so hurry on down and have your drivers license renewed and pay them the extortion fee they demand, to stop escalating violence against you the side of the road by their hired thugs in costume. (cops)

Temp....all government is by consent. If they attempt to subpoena you to appear, ask them if they have any factual evidence that their subpoena rules or laws apply to you. Trust me, they have nothing. Senator Pettigrew stated....their are no facts proving the laws apply to anyone.....Tell them you decline to appear unless they can produce the evidence you asked for, the facts, and witnesses with personal firsthand knowledge of those facts, that prove their laws apply to you. If you don't appear, she should walk. Why? Because there are no other witnesses. The cop got there after the fact, and anything he has is hearsay. Good luck and stick to your guns...they sure do.
Are you one of those guys that feel tax laws and such don't apply to you? Hehe. You guys crack me up. One after another gets jail time for that stuff, or lose cases with the "advice" you give above, but yet you guys keep trying. Bless your little uneducated hearts!

Lee Bowen

Sovereign Citizen BS huh Highway ? Well, I guess we know who the uneducated party is here. That is an oxymoron.

Are you one of those guys that feel tax laws and such don't apply to you? Hehe. You guys crack me up. One after another gets jail time for that stuff, or lose cases with the "advice" you give above, but yet you guys keep trying. Bless your little uneducated hearts!
No Jim, not at all. I go by the factual evidence in front of me. Maybe you can post the law that reads we must pay taxes on our labor?
I have won the last four cases against the IRS and DHS. The argument they bring before the court is that they have jurisdiction over you to force you to pay them. All I ask is that they prove it. You can't prove someone violated a statute or law, if you can't prove it applies to them first, and they certainly can't do that. It's called rules of procedure. How do I know? Because I've asked them for the proof for years, and nobody has produced it yet. Case dismissed.

So do yourself a favor guys, when someone tries to help others, stop the ad hominem attacks against them if you can't post the proof.
I can post hundreds of cases proving there is no requirement to have a license. Can you post one that proves you do, other than commercial drivers license?

A license is defined as a tax or fee paid to do that which otherwise would be illegal or not allowed. Is driving illegal ? I don't think so, and neither do hundreds of judges.

I'm sure there are those here that tell people they have a license to practice law too. Never seen one of those yet either, been asking for years for someone to produce it. That's called being a psychopath, when you insist on something and continue attacking people with no proof of your assertions..... No regard for the welfare of others and a super inflated ego. Oh, forgot the best one, judges and lawyers' favorite psycho tendency..... violently lashing out when challenged.

Ladyback1

So do yourself a favor guys, when someone tries to help others, stop the ad hominem attacks against them if you can't post the proof.
I can post hundreds of cases proving there is no requirement to have a license. Can you post one that proves you do, other than commercial drivers license?

A license is defined as a tax or fee paid to do that which otherwise would be illegal or not allowed. Is driving illegal ? I don't think so, and neither do hundreds of judges.
Five, I would settle for five cases that prove your point.
Please....post a few cases proving there is no requirement to have a license.

LdiJ

Five, I would settle for five cases that prove your point.
Please....post a few cases proving there is no requirement to have a license.
While you are at it, also post the cases where you have "won" that you do not owe taxes.

dave33

I had a minor unfortunate incident driving in Oklahoma City. I am a non resident and am here temporarilly. I was driving a rental car rented by my company when someone hit me. It was only a minor incident but there was some damage and so my company told me I had to report it. I tried to call rental location and see if they could send someone out to assess the damage and avoid making the lady face a summons and citations for a small mistake. Unfortunately, they were not able to come. I told the officer we would have to file a report and he said that he would have to cite the individual responsible.

It turns out the lady driving was driving on a suspended license. She probably got charged with that, as well as the improper driving. She was not arrested.

It seemed to me to be a Hispanic woman, probably struggling to go forward in life.

I only reported this because I was told I needed to and also because of the way rental car companies take advantage of any possible way they can to exaggerate damage claims.

I feel bad that this lady will now and up going to court over this minor incident and suffering more when it's highly possible that the reason for suspension could have been due to inability to pay a fine because of financial hardship in the first place. I also really don't want to find myself getting subpoenaed to appear in court because such would mean a long trip and a long flight.

in the event that I am subpoenaed because the person chooses to plead not guilty what rights do i have to notify the court in writing that I do not wish to testify against an individual and are they required to accept such a request?

This is all for nothing. Even if she does plead not guilty, you will not get subpoenaed. It's time to keep this in the past where it belongs and go ahead with your life. goodluck.

tempuserus

It is unfortunate that this thread has been hijacked by people questioning my reasons for wanting to do what I want to do as well as others talking about legality of driving laws - an entirely different subject.

I was looking for advice on how to achieve my intentions.

Lee Bowen

It is unfortunate that this thread has been hijacked by people questioning my reasons for wanting to do what I want to do as well as others talking about legality of driving laws - an entirely different subject.

I was looking for advice on how to achieve my intentions.
I give up. You stated you were concerned about the woman getting in trouble because the cops were called. Then you stated she was driving under a suspended license. To me, that makes the licensing statute relevant. I'll leave you to it then. Sorry I tried to help you now.

HighwayMan

...what rights do i have to notify the court in writing that I do not wish to testify against an individual...
You have the right to not testify against yourself. There is no such right when it comes to another person.

There is nothing you can do to help this other person. She committed a crime and must deal with the consequences.

jimnyc

I have won the last four cases against the IRS and DHS.

I can post hundreds of cases proving there is no requirement to have a license.
Post a link to the 4 cases you won. If worried about privacy or if you have a different excuse, send it to me in PM. Based on what you said, and your take on the law, I have an EXTREMELY hard time believing these cases you won even exist. But I'm happy to admit I was wrong when you show us these cases you won.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">