• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old driving on a suspended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrjohnson

driving on a revocation/suspension,no insurance,failure to stop/yield sign in the state of Ill. in 1991 went to warrant,
In 2008 I got my licence in Missouri,,In order to do this I had to clear my licence in Illinois,,I did this,,In order to do this I had to provide the state with my Driving printout,,,The long form,,,the ticket that I got picked on 2 weeks ago was on there.
Is there a statute of limitations??
Is there a possibility that the court that issued the warrant,3rd Dist,Rolling Meadows, did not get communication with the state that cleared me???
Any Ideas??

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
driving on a revocation/suspension,no insurance,failure to stop/yield sign in the state of Ill. in 1991 went to warrant,
In 2008 I got my licence in Missouri,,In order to do this I had to clear my licence in Illinois,,I did this,,In order to do this I had to provide the state with my Driving printout,,,The long form,,,the ticket that I got picked on 2 weeks ago was on there.
Is there a statute of limitations??
Is there a possibility that the court that issued the warrant,3rd Dist,Rolling Meadows, did not get communication with the state that cleared me???
Any Ideas??
Computers are a wonderful thing...

(The clock statute of limitations started at the moment you committed the violation and ended at the moment you received the ticket. It doesn't apply at all here)

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You apparently have no understanding of how this works.

The warrant was for failing to appear in court to answer several charges. What does that have to do with your license being "cleared"?

Your license was at one time suspended or revoked. You got caught and had to appear in court and you did not. You then at some point got your license unsuspended or unrevoked. So? How does getting your license cleared obviate the need to appear in court, since you never answered the charges? Fixing the problem after the fact does not mean you didn't commit the original offenses.

Motor vehicles has nothing to do with the court system.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
And as the Zigmeister pointed out you need to Google "statute of limitations" and find out what it is.

Warrants do not go away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">