• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Warrant >> Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tiredorworrying

What is the name of your state? Texas

In 1990 I was charged with Felony Criminal Mischief. I plead guilty and received 5 yrs deferred adjudication probation. During that time I was not real smart and had that probation revoked on several occasions, due to my drinking and inablility to act like a normal human being. Upon my last revocation I was adjudicated to a 10 yr sentence, and turned over a Substance Abuse Felony Punishment Facility for a total of 8 months and released back on probation. After my release I relocated according to the laws of the state, this was in Jan 1996. I honestly believe that I was screwed by my new probation officer on several technicalities and a motion to revoke was sent to my original county, I think.

Since this time I have not been arrested or even stopped for a traffic violation. As time has passed, 3 yrs since my orginal probation was "supposed" to have ended although I do figure that the timing was stopped once the revocation was filed and any warrant issued, I am more concerned with dealing with this issue once and for all. I was 21 when I was arrested and am 34 now and am curious as to what my "best options" are.

I am also trying to find out about any outstanding warrants that may be out. I have pretty much sheltered myself, having no assets in my name, no Driver's License, all in order to avoid being arrested. I do realize that there can more than likely be no way of avoiding being sent to the DoC, but am looking for any advice that might limit the sentence I could expect and am wondering if although I am not a free man per se, if the now 7 yrs I have avoided breaking the law in any form can be used as a mitigation.

I apologize for the length of this post and the numerous questions; however I wanted to offer as much information as possible to get the best possible responses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">