• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Open Container Summons in NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spamnon

What is the name of your state? New York

A buddy (drivers seat) of mine and myself (passengers seat) both received a summons for having an open container of alcohol in a parked car in a public parking area at Yankees stadium and I had a few questions.

1) I was in violation of 10-125 2D, what does that mean and how harsh of a penalty is it? The cops said it would be a $25 fine, is that what I should expect? Also if I plead guilty will this remain on my permanent record?

2) My buddy was in violation of 10-125 2B, what does this violation mean and why did we both receive different violations? Is one harsher then the other?

3) Is this case worth fighting or should I just pay the fine. I am more worried about it staying on my permanent record. Should I consider getting a lawyer?

Let me know if you need any more information. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">