• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Operation Of Vehicle With Suspended Registration?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ozman911

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Hello everyone, I hope I am posting this in the correct section. Ok tonight my G/F took my truck up town in order to get something for dinner. She made it not quite half a mile and was pulled over. The officer walked up to the truck and told her that she had done nothing wrong, the reason he pulled her over was because the truck had suspended plates. Im not sure exactly why but my guess is something to do with the IL insurance thing were they send out the request for proof of insurance in the mail (I will go into depth on that in a min.)

Anyway she calls me and says they are taking the plates off my truck and it has to be either impounded or towed to the house. So I tell her to have it towed. Then the cop has issued her a ticket for operation of vehicle w/suspended registration ($300 Fine). And threatens to arrest her,,, So off I go walking to them. I get there and there and she is talking to one cop while another is searching my truck. (I later asked her and she said they didnt ask just told her they was going to). Well im already mad cause I've just lost $350 in fine and tow fees. So when I walk up the cop looks and ask me whats the problem. I respond with "whats the deal you pull her over for a tag and your searching the truck?" He says Im just doing my job I have a boss to. So i proceeded to tell him its a half a mile away, You cant follow her to the house? Any way long story short he tells me if I didnt loose the additude he would not do us a favor and arrest my g/f and I would have to pay an additional $300 to get here out. So I looked am my g/f and told her I was walking home. And told the officer to enjoy his paycheck this week cause it was coming out of my pocket as I was walking away. He tried to get me to come back by mouthing but I kept walking.

Ok, first off.....Why did they pull her over? Officer Said she did nothing wrong, They never asked for permission to search the truck,,,,,what was cause??? Second I had received a letter from the state of IL months ago asking for proof of insurance. I sent it back marked as Vehicle not owned anymore as it had been reposessed. I later then paid the bank off and reclaimed the truck. Then I move to another town with my g/f and this happens...so im guessing it has something to do with that because all the police would say is that it has something to do with manditory insurance. This really sucks as I run a website for used bike parts and need this truck.

Also, Im pretty sure of their reason for pulling her over. Our neighbors in the next apartment are quite the druggies. None of my concern, but I have noticed the police hanging around alot. My guess is the ran my plates as we share driveways and seen the plates suspended.

Please shed some light on this as I have NO intentions of letting this go in the court system. I have paid way to much for mistakes in the past and wish only to make a life for myself, and I hate paying for B/S tickets like this.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">