• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

order of protection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sugarb29ny

What is the name of your state? New York

There is an order of protection against my bf. I want to know if and how I can get the order thrown out.

CdwJava

Because most offenders do it again.

If you want to get it tossed out, check with the court and find out what you have to do to withdraw the order. if it was ordered as a resul tof sentencing it will likely be much harder than if you simply applied for and got a protective order.

- Carl

snostar

CdwJava said:
if it was ordered as a resul tof sentencing it will likely be much harder than if you simply applied for and got a protective order.

- Carl
If an order is put in place as a result of a sentence wouldn't it only get dropped by successful appeal? :confused:

CdwJava

snostar said:
If an order is put in place as a result of a sentence wouldn't it only get dropped by successful appeal? :confused:
The protected party can often go to court to try and get it dropped.

It really depends on the procedure in that state, and who is trying to get it dropped.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">