• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ordered by cop to drive without a license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

ben

What is the name of your state? NY

Hi again, you gonna love this one;
I just bailed out a friend of my son and would love your opinion on this disaster. here goes;

2 people involved, buddy(driver with no licence) and his son,Mark.( passenger)
they pulled into a gas station got out of car, when a cop pulled up.
buddy had 3 beers so the cop took both of their licences and ran them. Then the cop got a call on his raido to go someware else( someone walking down main st with a gun) and ordered mark to drive buddys car to the police station and wait for him there.
the cop had just run marks licence and KNEW he had a suspended licence.
At the police station the cop gave mark a ticket for crossing a double yellow line and agravated driving without a licence.
Mark got sent to jail with 500 dollers bail.
So whats the deal here?

Son of Slam

ben said:
What is the name of your state? NY

Hi again, you gonna love this one;
I just bailed out a friend of my son and would love your opinion on this disaster. here goes;

2 people involved, buddy(driver with no licence) and his son,Mark.( passenger)
they pulled into a gas station got out of car, when a cop pulled up.
buddy had 3 beers so the cop took both of their licences and ran them. Then the cop got a call on his raido to go someware else( someone walking down main st with a gun) and ordered mark to drive buddys car to the police station and wait for him there.
the cop had just run marks licence and KNEW he had a suspended licence.
At the police station the cop gave mark a ticket for crossing a double yellow line and agravated driving without a licence.
Mark got sent to jail with 500 dollers bail.
So whats the deal here?

The "deal" is, when you drink you get stupid. DUH!

B

ben

I'm not interested in a stupid answer from someone that didn't read the post!
I could give a rats ass about the dumb ass that was driving( buddy) it's is his son that I am requesting info about.
He wasn't driving.
He was <u>ordered</u> to drive by the cop and then arrested for doing what the cop demamded of him! He doesn't drink,doesn't drive , and is stuck with this jerk of a stepfather.
I want to help him.

H

hmmbrdzz

That sounds wild. (Wild enough for an attorney, for Mark, for sure.) Just out of curiosity, was drinking driver, Buddy, a**hole step-dad, arrested, too, and impounded ?

Attorney time.

hmmbrdzz

B

ben

yes buddy is still in jail.
the car was left in front of the police station all night and they (day shift)didn't even know it was there.not impounded.

new news- the cop said he stopped cause they had a ladder on the roof without a red flag on it. But it was not sticking out past the car.

If mark had refused to drive the car and disobayed the cops order would that of been right or wrong?

since Mark has no money what type of lawyer should he look for? would a public defender do him justice? or should I shill out some bucks which he can't pay back so he doesn't get railroaded?

Oh and buddy also got a ticket for "letting mark drive when he knew he didn't have a licence"

AND when I bailed him out the prison gard said" how did he( the cop) give out 2 tickets to 2 people for no licence in the same car"??
what was it a dual control drivers ed car??( joke)

Last edited:
H

hmmbrdzz

That's what you call the blind leading the blind being followed by the blind all the way to the police station. What a night -- tickets flying one behind the other! I have no idea what it would cost for representation, but he could certainly start calling around and ask. Just look in the phone book (traffic offenses, I guess) and start calling and explaining.

As far as "if he had not driven" -- well, that didn't happen, but I don't think he could have been convicted of not obeying a police order if he refused to drive on account of no license. I don't know what policeman would have tried to make him drive with no license and then ticket him for refusing to drive when ordered.
(I guess those in New York might.)

Good luck.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">