• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OT-what's that word?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JennK2009

Hello FA. What is the word/phrase for the blue code of silence? It’s the one that describes a cop’s lying (allegedly misconstruing the facts) .I’ve seen it here a couple of times, usually when talking about civil liberties. Thanks

CdwJava

Hello FA. What is the word/phrase for the blue code of silence? It’s the one that describes a cop’s lying (allegedly misconstruing the facts) .I’ve seen it here a couple of times, usually when talking about civil liberties. Thanks
Why do you ask?

CdwJava

There's probably a lot of words for it as there is for many things. "Testilying" is one that is often bantied about with little regard for what the facts are.

CdwJava

Thanks, that's it.
I don't know that using that term would make you sound smart since it is really not a word, and it is a vaguely descriptive term at best. It might buy points on an ACLU or anti-cop website, but in any truly academic or intellectual discourse, it would seem a poor word to use.

JennK2009

I don't know that using that term would make you sound smart since it is really not a word, and it is a vaguely descriptive term at best. It might buy points on an ACLU or anti-cop website, but in any truly academic or intellectual discourse, it would seem a poor word to use.
We (my brother and his buddy) were just talking stuff around a campfire and this came up. My bro and I are from a big city and the difference of a “cop stop’ between there and here (the sticks) is vastly different.

People seem to be hesitant to ask the sheriff for assistance because someone always goes to jail. No matter who calls for why. Just asking, thanks for the help.

CdwJava

Been in the big city and the small. Some things are different, many are not. Not sure where "testilying" comes in to it, but, okay.

CdwJava

I'm from Chicago. I know all about testilying,

Please.
Not sure what that has to do with a "cop stop" ... whatever that is. And while I can't speak directly towards Chicago or the officers there (don't know any very well), the term is vague, denotes a predisposed opinion, and hardly one that demonstrates any objectivity. But, if ranting about the perceived evil of the cops in question or cops in general, it does denote a proper bias for such discourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">