• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out of control delinquent harassing family member!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulchild99

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania

i have absolutely no idea legally what to do. ill give the background

for a long time my brother, who is a minor, has not gotten along with this adult at his school that is clearly jealous of him, but pretends to want to be his friend. my brother isnt mean to him, but the boy is an admitted drug dealer, hangs with the wrong crowd, does bad things n my brother is the complete opposite, and doesnt want to be associated with that. so he & the boy (while drunk i might add) fought a few months ago and police were called.he gave false information (said he was a minor, when hes legally an adult) swore at an adult in front of police ( i know a man who was put in jail for swearing around an officer) and he later told a friend that police warned him about underage drinking, as they smelled the alcohol on his breath. they said he and my brother, although simply defending himself, would both get citations, and they would investigate what the other boy had said about his age, because others said he lied about his age. since then, a few days after he had his cousin leave a threatening voicemail for my brother- (which was taken to the police and played for them and he was supposed to have harassment charges filed against him-never happened), has said numerous things about my brother, and even me-though i had nothing to do with it- and tried to set my brother up to get beat up by lying on him to a group of people. he was previously expelled from my brothers school and recently came back, but was suspended again after other students complained of his presence. he told people my brother was the reason he was suspended and he was going to fight him as soon as he got a chance. my brother has not retaliated to anything, because he is above that type of stuff, and he figured the police would have handled it
while all of this is going on, my mother is trying to get ahold of the officer in charge of looking at this case, but everytime she calls, hes supposedly out, on vacation, etc. almost 4 months have gone by and he has not called back. we are trying so hard to go about this the right way and if we werent decent people, this would be an open opprotunity to do something bad. the boy's mother said she had friends on the police force that let her know when things were going on, and were starting to believe that. i figured assaulting a minor, or even assault in general, along with giving falsified information, underage drinking and profanity would result in some type of punishment, but this adult is walking around free.

should we get a lawyer and pursue this? i have no idea what to do, as i thought police would handle it properly, but that is not the case. i need to know ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">