• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out of country, ANY other way to handle warrant back home?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wolfgang7

What is the name of your state? WA

i am active duty military and my wife and I used to live in WA state, where my wife got pulled over a couple times.

she recieved some court dates but failed to appear to them, and we have since moved to germany. we got mail forwarded to our new address, of course, and recently got a warrant for her arrest notification in the mail.

nearly all the jobs available to a military dependant over here require at least a quick background check in which we are sure the warrant will come up, so she is unable to get a job over here.

she knowingly did not go to court and came to germany with me on my military orders....she knows this was wrong and we know the right thing to do is to fly her back and take care of this. but we would REALLY like to exercise any options other than that first, as just the plane ticket and flying time alone seems like punishment enough lol. :)

thanks for any advice we can get on this....

ps, one of the incidents that she got a ticket for was driving on a suspended license....however, around the same time she got the warrant notice in the mail....she also got a notice saying her license was no longer suspended from the DOL, and that the notice was also being forwarded to the courthouse....weird eh?

HappyHusband

wolfgang7 said:
What is the name of your state? WA

i am active duty military and my wife and I used to live in WA state, where my wife got pulled over a couple times.

she recieved some court dates but failed to appear to them, and we have since moved to germany. we got mail forwarded to our new address, of course, and recently got a warrant for her arrest notification in the mail.

nearly all the jobs available to a military dependant over here require at least a quick background check in which we are sure the warrant will come up, so she is unable to get a job over here.

she knowingly did not go to court and came to germany with me on my military orders....she knows this was wrong and we know the right thing to do is to fly her back and take care of this. but we would REALLY like to exercise any options other than that first, as just the plane ticket and flying time alone seems like punishment enough lol. :)

thanks for any advice we can get on this....

ps, one of the incidents that she got a ticket for was driving on a suspended license....however, around the same time she got the warrant notice in the mail....she also got a notice saying her license was no longer suspended from the DOL, and that the notice was also being forwarded to the courthouse....weird eh?
Here's a crazy idea;
Call the court that issued all those warrants and ask them what they will let you do.
Otherwise, Uhr heraus für Interpol!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">