• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out of state arrest warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BOR

in other words, if ar has a warrant for a person can okla search behind my house for that person?what might these specific facts be?
Hard to outline, but if they knew she was in the general area and inquired from neighbors and they said they saw a woman fitting that description hanging around your backyard or garage.

Unless they have detention authority over her for some legal reason, they have no business looking anyway.

carguy31

would they have to KNOW as in that she actually was or could they just say a "confidential informant" or what not informed them that she "might be"....

in other words when asked if they had a warrant they said they did not need one, they had a tip she was here (which was obviously a false tip as she hadn't been here in months).

justalayman

but you said there was a warrant in the other state. Depending on the crime, they may very well had the right to investigate her possible presence and arrest her. This happens all the time where a criminal leaves a state where the warrant was issued.

The problem is; what authority did they have to come upon your land and what was their justification for impressing that authority. Those are questions you do not have the answers to and will likely only find out once all of this starts rolling and discovery allows for requiring that information be divulged.

carguy31

They do not have to have or show a warrant to search for somebody, they can just use a "tip" that she was here?, is that correct? why wouldn't they need a search warrant to look for her?
as a rhetorical Q what if the tipster knew for a fact she was not...

I'm sorry for all these questions, I'm just trying to figure out what to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">